1.    #1  
    When the screen cuts off durning a call I can't hear the caller unless I hit a button to turn the screen on. It happens every time I try to use the speaker phone and maybe half the time when Im just using the normal phone function.

Im hoping this is something not specific to me and there is a way to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliewat View Post
    When the screen cuts off durning a call I can't hear the caller unless I hit a button to turn the screen on. It happens every time I try to use the speaker phone and maybe half the time when Im just using the normal phone function.

Im hoping this is something not specific to me and there is a way to fix it.
    Sorry comrade, but I have a 755 and don't have that problem.

I'm curious because my screen doesn't even turn off during a call unless I am using a 3rd party software.

Are you using a 3rd party app to turn off your screen? If not, then you may want to do a backup, then a hard reset and test it again before installing any of your apps.
    Preferences> Power allows you to choose how long the screen stays on while on a call.

BB
    Yes, you can adjust how long the screen stays on in Preferences, I turn mine off fast to save battery.
    But if I understand your problem, you are losing voice contact, not just the screen light. That is wrong. If the call cuts off, that is a hardware problem and I would return it for repair/replacement. Hope you are in 30 days or have repair insurance.
  5.    #5  
    I have the screen to dim after 30 sec. but maybe 30 after that the screen cuts off completely and I can't hear the person on the other line. The phone is not dropping the call but just turning off the mic and the speaker. I have insurance but the repair place is a pain in the **** where I am...the only hire Major Leage *** Holes or something.
    As a last resort, check under Preferences - Keyguard, and make sure at the bottom that you do not have either of those options checked - to turn off the screen on an incoming call or while on a call.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Preferences> Power allows you to choose how long the screen stays on while on a call.

BB
    Thanks! Forgot about that. I must've been thinking about the fact that I bought the 3rd party app to turn the screen on and off during a call with the press of a button.

Sorry to the OP about your prob, sounds like a possible defect.