Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Is there any way to prevent the home key from cycling through all the categories? I would prefer to just keep it on Main and manually select other categories when needed.
    That's the way it works!

To go to a specific category, simply use the dropdown list at the top of the screen. This enables you to achieve what you need.
    A third party launcher will allow you to select which categories to view. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by sr900400 View Post
    Is there any way to prevent the home key from cycling through all the categories? I would prefer to just keep it on Main and manually select other categories when needed.
    To directly answer your question, NO, there is no way to make the built in launcher do what you desire. Best option is something like TreoLauncher which has a small footprint but does a great job at being a very, very adequate alternative launcher.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    OR you could set it to remember the last category you were viewing. In the native launcher, menu > options > preferences > remember last category. So if you only use Main, everytime you hit the home button, you're there. Simple. Also, you can cycle through all the categories quickly by repeatedly pressing the home button.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Like you I prefer a single launch window, but I only want certain apps to show. Most 3rd party lauchers are way over kill for my purposes.

So I just got rid of all the categories, so that there is only one left called Main. Then I hide the applications I don't want to see in the launcher, using a preference panel called "applications".

Now the Home key just cycles through the only category I have left (Main), and my memory card. Not elegent but it works well for me.
    I'm with The Quickster, Treo Launcher will do what you are asking without the over kill. I have mine set on Main and Skip All View. Try the trial before buying.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've always loved Launcher X - it cuts the middle ground between easy to use and full featured. It has the most important features and is easy to use.