1.    #1  
    yes i searched the thread and i got close to my answer but no luck
    here is my problem

I had back up man on all my treos but somehow today i messed it up

i need to have 2icons of backup man on my treo .one to launch from the card (incase the treo resets and i need to back up) and one to launch from the treo( this is so my schedual backups will run) .
    Im using zlauncher so i created shortcuts to do this.
    When i tap on it from within the zlauncher one of the icons just gives me the option to copy to ram or move to ram . the other one gives me the same it also gives me the option to copy and move to card.
    When i go to the default launcher i still have 2 icons both when tapped runs backupman from the treo.

when i look from with in the default launcher in my sd i dont see an icon for backupman.
    but i knowits on the card cause i see it when i go to it through zlauncher.

now what i have is 2icons on my treo but both launch from the treo. I can see within my card that its there but i have no icon to get to it if i need to do a backup.
    one of the icons use to have an arrow to let me know its a shortcut created by zlauncher .
    i still have it however its not launching form the card its coming straight from the treo

Help
    i need to fix this . I know it has something to do with copy to ram copy to card. they are in both places i just dont have the icon to get to it.
    like i said i messed it up today and dont know how.I have to backup form nv backup to get me back up and running.
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 05/13/2008 at 07:48 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  2.    #2  
    no help here? in treo land
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Silly question: why do you need a separate link to the version on the card? If it's for emergencies after a hard reset, your z launcher is no longer on your phone so that short cut will not function or exist. I'm a little confused. (Maybe others are too)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Silly question: why do you need a separate link to the version on the card? If it's for emergencies after a hard reset, your z launcher is no longer on your phone so that short cut will not function or exist. I'm a little confused. (Maybe others are too)
    Maybe i was not clear. the bottom line is if my treo resets or i have to do a hard reset. throught the default launcher backup man will not show up when i drop the drop down box and go to my card i do not see an icon for backup man.

on the flip side when i go to zlauncher i see an icon for back up man on the card.

this is why im sayng i need the second icon for back up man.
    Is this making it any clearer???????
    Ok, if the application itself is in the /Palm/Launcher folder, it will show up. If you used ZLauncher to create a short cut and MOVE the file to a ZLauncher launch folder, it will not show up. What you can do is COPY the application using ZLauncher's file feature to the /Palm/Launcher folder and then DELETE the short cut in RAM if there is one there. You do not need a short cut in RAM to access the application if it lives in the /Palm/Launcher folder, as it is accessible at all times.

Resco Backup has the functionality built in to it that when the application is updated, it looks to the /Palm/Launcher folder to determine if the same release is there and will prompt you to update the card application - if that is chosen, it then copies itself to that folder, hence you will see two icons. With ZLauncher you can make the one on the card "invisible," which means that you will not over-write the file in RAM which happens when launching it from the card if it all ready exists in RAM.
    THat was what I thought and was going to suggest Ben's method. Something else to consider: if you have access to a website, create a page with just emergency files. I have one with NVBackup, the SDHC drivers and Filez. If I lose my phone and have to start from scratch, I can at least download the emergency files from the page, run NVBackup to retrieve the ftp copy of my last backup and restore.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ok, if the application itself is in the /Palm/Launcher folder, it will show up. If you used ZLauncher to create a short cut and MOVE the file to a ZLauncher launch folder, it will not show up. What you can do is COPY the application using ZLauncher's file feature to the /Palm/Launcher folder and then DELETE the short cut in RAM if there is one there. You do not need a short cut in RAM to access the application if it lives in the /Palm/Launcher folder, as it is accessible at all times.

Resco Backup has the functionality built in to it that when the application is updated, it looks to the /Palm/Launcher folder to determine if the same release is there and will prompt you to update the card application - if that is chosen, it then copies itself to that folder, hence you will see two icons. With ZLauncher you can make the one on the card "invisible," which means that you will not over-write the file in RAM which happens when launching it from the card if it all ready exists in RAM.

ben ben is this you???? God is good
    i sent you a message . i looked back on this board to see who helped me the first time and it was you....... yeahyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thanks again.
    now can you explain the above alittle more .... yes still a novice
    dont wanna add resco . treo was unstable worked with jeff over there at gotreosoftware (safeguard) now im up and running without resets and crashes.
    can you help me with zlauncher which has a file manager.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    THat was what I thought and was going to suggest Ben's method. Something else to consider: if you have access to a website, create a page with just emergency files. I have one with NVBackup, the SDHC drivers and Filez. If I lose my phone and have to start from scratch, I can at least download the emergency files from the page, run NVBackup to retrieve the ftp copy of my last backup and restore.
    explain how to do this please i have nvback up on my sd card.
    hence (comedytreogirl ) i keep 75% of my joke/sets on my treo and would only rely on the hotsync if i ever lost my treo.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

ben i checked in zlauncher under the file manager
    here is what i see
    palm/launch backupman prc (now hit info button) archive is checked
    this is the one under th sd card. with zlauncher you can select card or treo.
    now same path iguess this time using treo/handheld as the path
    it just say backupman size 195k attrs B, version and category

now what?
    Ok, since it is on the card, what you want to do is within ZLauncher, set the application on the card to a category such as "invisible" - that keeps you from seeing it on the card and makes it so that you only see the application in RAM.

With ZLauncher, check the file list to determine if it is also in RAM, if it is, then life is good and you only want to launch the application in RAM, not the CARD, which should be in an "INVISIBLE" category - in other words.
    You can get by without the website as you would just have to search for the NVBackup program to download. (Can be done in Blazer).

Install NVBackup. Schedule NVBackup to do its magic every night. Check the option to copy itself to the card.

I will assume you either already have access to an FTP server or will get access to an FTP server. (Note: make sure you periodically go in and delete old backups. I do this once every other week.) The address, username, and password will all go into the Server Settings in NVBackup and be sure to check the export after scheduled backup.

When you run into problems, you will start nvbackup and use the import from server option on the menu. Obviously you will need to remember the server settings. Or if you don't need to do it over the air, you can download the backup files from the server and copy them onto the card manually with a card reader and restore from there.

(Any questions from this?)