Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    The newest final version Of Opera Mini was released today, its supposed to be 50% faster than before and much improved over 4.0, however it no longer displays images on my Treo! Others have reported this as well, and the Opera team is aware of the problem and is blaming it on Java, Opera 4.1 beta seemed to work well....

Please read this link below and post there to show support for the best available browser for Palm before they abandon us!!

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=232356
    Last edited by migs; 05/13/2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Woo, finally out of beta. Time to try it with jbed.

Wow, that's pretty nuts. Opera Mini 4.1 loaded xbox360.ign.com in a fairly low signal area in about 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    The newest final version Of Opera was released today, its supposed to be 50% faster than before and much improved over 4.0, however it no longer displays images on my Treo! Others have reported this as well, and the Opera team is aware of the problem and is blaming it on Java, Opera 4.1 beta seemed to work well....

Please read this link below and post there to show support for the best available browser for Palm before they abandon us!!

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=232356
    Well, since we know it works in 4.1, they cant blame it on JVM. And it isn't like it didnt work before either. This is the first time i've had it not load images.

I swear it's the settings I mentioned before about how it automatically selects things 4.1 beta didnt. That's how my problem was fixed.

So when ever they figure out how to fix that, we should have our images back. Until then, I use 4.1 Beta.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    The worst part of this dilemma is that IBM no longer supports JVM for Palm so unless Opera decides Palm users are worth thier time, we are SOL

If it wasnt for Opera Mini working on Palm, I might already switched to Windows Mobile Opera is THAT good....
    Well they can't really get around the JVM sucking (short of not using JVM which won't happen).
    As of today, they are suggesting to do this (in general, not just Palm)

Tip for installing OM 4.1 final: clean install may save you from a lot of trouble
    I recommend to do so called "clean install" when you switch to Opera Mini 4.1 from previous stable versions or after beta testing. It's possible there are some false settings left into phone's memory if you just install over previous version.

Do like this:
    - make sure you have synchronized your previous OM4 bookmarks
    - delete all previous OM versions (or at least all versions of OM4 serie browsers)
    - reset the phone's memory by removing the battery for 5 minutes
    - install OM 4.1 final

This procedure may save you from a lot of trouble or solve some issues you may have if yuo already intalled on previous version.

Will it work? I dont know cause I haven't tried it yet like that exactly. I do believe I did delete the beta once then try an install but I cant remember.

Ok....just tested it, and it does not fix the place holder & image issue so dont bother trying the above.
    Last edited by quickstang; 05/14/2008 at 07:45 AM.
    Were can I get JVM for palm now?

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by templar007 View Post
    Were can I get JVM for palm now?
    It's all over these forums, do a search
    You can get JavaVM 5.7.2 at mytreo.net too.

http://mobile.mytreo.net/downloads/i...hine,1313.html

Search is your friend....

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    You can get JavaVM 5.7.2 at mytreo.net too.

http://mobile.mytreo.net/downloads/i...hine,1313.html

Search is your friend....

THANKS!

Device: T3 >Treo 650 > Cingular Treo 680
    Handheld: Agendus Premier Edition v.12.2
    Desktop: Agendus for Windows 4.31 (Build) 1497 Palm Version
    E-Mail: Agendus Mail ssl 5.31
    Other apps: Yourcall 2.0
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm using a treo 650 and I use opera mini everyday and yes I have noticed much less images coming threw. 4.1 beta worked well, some crashs on start not often (when its says loading) and mostly when input is needed but with the new address box things are more stable. I have JVM memory at 1mb because 4mb is not stable but does load more images (in the beta version 4.1).

Sugestion, why doesn't opera not support SuperWaba java, its more stable. http://www.superwaba.com.br/en/default.asp

http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t49496.html
    Are you guys using 11320? I think this is a newer version than what I downloaded the first day of release.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are you guys using 11320? I think this is a newer version than what I downloaded the first day of release.
    Can you see images?
    yes, first few days. but lost them after a reset
    Last edited by frantid; 05/18/2008 at 03:15 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    The latest Opera 4.1 released version 4.1.11320 is the same as the first 4.1 released version 4.1.11313.

No images showing.

Version 4.1.11320 would freeze my phone. Did a clean install each time.

Went back to 4.1 beta version 4.1.10781. At least the beta version works without issues for me on a Sprint 700p and Centro.

I guess the folks at Opera can't figure what went wrong between a 4.1 beta and 4.1 released versions.

The automatic cache flushing in the 4.1 final is key to keeping the Treos/Centros from resetting/running out of memory. I used OM4 Final for hours yesterday without a reset. If they can make the images come through we might finally have a browser to replace blazer.
    new one up, loading now will report back.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=233344

images work again. They continue to work after I reset it to test.

Thanks for the heads up, working well again.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Same here. The new version works fine so far.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast