1.    #1  
    When i send or receive a text message with a picture attached to it, i am auto matically connected to the internet (i can tell by the green arrows next to my antenna). How can i not do this, because i am being charged internet usage, and I don't have a data plan. last month I was charged $9, because it says i was on the internet for 901 mins. I am guessing it connects to the internet, and then doesn't disconnect, because there is no way I was on the internet for that long.

How can i fix this?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Don't send MMS, its DATA!! SMS does not go over a data link. Everything else does. That = $$$ and you pay for that privaledge.
  3.    #3  
    is sms just a regular text message? Its OK if i charged the data plan for a second or 2, but i want it to automatically disconnect from the internet after the message is received. Just like any other phone
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
    is sms just a regular text message? Its OK if i charged the data plan for a second or 2, but i want it to automatically disconnect from the internet after the message is received. Just like any other phone
    SMS(text messages don't go over the DATA links). It uses standard digital connections. GSM for example. Pretty well everything else requires DATA service (with a plan or not) so you'll be charged a lot if not on a plan (plans are not cheap either). Internet, downloading, MMS to name a few incur billing. For me that is 5 cents per Kilobyte. Do the math, i can't afford it.

You can call you service provider and have them disable Internet, data for your account (as I did). That way you won't get any surprises when you accidentily hit the browser button or some other application.