1.    #1  
    So I have my Centro set to silent assuming it shuts of all noises yet it still vibrates whenever I receive a text message or phone call. Can anyone help me so that when I shut the ringer switch to off that it mutes all sounds without me having to go into the sound properties and shut off the vibrates each time I want to put it on silent?
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You have to go into preferences, sounds and alerts, and change the setting for vibrate to never.

If you want more options, you can try an app that you can create profiles with. Profiles and Profilecare are two that I have used. Profiles is very simple app, but can be confusing at first. Profliecare has more options but I found it was more than I needed.
  3.    #3  
    @dave75

Thank you for your response. The problem with shutting off the vibrate for good is that when I have the ringer switch set to on, I want the phone to vibrate. I don't want it to vibrate when its shut to off but not have to go into the Prefs each time to disable it.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted. But what you want, I don't think you can do without a profile manager which I linked to the two that I know of in my previous post.

I like Profiles a lot, very simple app once you know how to get to it. You have to go into system preferences, it does not show up on the launcher. The only thing I wish it did do was control bluetooth. Give it a try.
    Last edited by dave75; 05/13/2008 at 02:06 PM.
    ^more kudos for Profiles here. I've been using it since my 600. Another essential app IMO. I especially love how I can set a meeting (silence all) profile when I have it scheduled in the calendar. Very smart indeed - no dumbphone can ever do that.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!