Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Looking at the Garmin Mobile XT software on the micro SD card and wondering if it would work if Sprint enables the built in GPS. Or is the GPS in the Centro is a true GPS or uses data from the towers. I love the Garmin interface and the Centro but don't want to carry a seperate Bluetooth GPS unit.

Also will the software work with any Bluetooth GPS and if I upgrade my device to the 800w in July wondering if it will work in that.
    That I know of it only works with select Garmin bluetooth gps receivers. Any other bluetooth or wired gps receiver is a no go.

I woul;d love to see a way around this since the Garmin ui looks a little more pleasing and have up to date maps comapered to tomtom.
    Garmin Mobile XT will work with non-Garmin bluetooth GPSs. Just make sure your software is up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    That I know of it only works with select Garmin bluetooth gps receivers. Any other bluetooth or wired gps receiver is a no go.
    As already said, Garmin have moved on in the last 6-9 months

You can now either buy it locked to their BT unit, or locked to the serial number of the SD card they supply leaving you free to use any BT unit
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    so If you just want to use a bigger card and move your Garmin files over it wont work?

I'm sorry its been a while since I compared tomtom and Garmin.
    so If you just want to use a bigger card and move your Garmin files over it wont work?
    it won't. that's what i dont like about purchasing GMXT in their SD card.

also think about the risk of losing either the GArmin card or your usual SD when you're swapping cards
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    There is a way around Garmin's key number. You must search the Google.
    Has anyone used Garmin's international maps, particularly Western Europe?

I've been looking at buying TomTom's for a while for my WM6 750, but their website says they only support certain HTC WM6 devices (not the Treo). Garmin's version is almost half the price, but I don't want to get over there and find it is also half complete!

Any feedback appreciated (gotta make my decision soon!!!).

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    it won't. that's what i dont like about purchasing GMXT in their SD card.

also think about the risk of losing either the GArmin card or your usual SD when you're swapping cards
    I moved the files on to a larger sd card and store a backup on my laptop.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

I'm sorry its been a while since I compared tomtom and Garmin.
    it works. I've been using my garmin mobile xt files on a 4gb card since I got it 2 months ago.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.