Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    My Versamail and Gmail IMAP account is also experiencing this problem with the nearly blank emails (subject and maybe the first line).
    I just bought my wife a Centro 3 days ago and the second test email that she rec'd had the same problem everyone else is having/talking about here.

Question, if it IS a Versamail problem why doesn't my 755p have this problem?

Is it whatever Versamail has to "talk" to is causing the problems? I don't understand because it seems like this problem just popped up recently, and the Centro has been out for a while right?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I have a Treo 755p running Versamail 4.0 with 2 gmail accounts, 1 AOL &ND 1 Sprint all flawlessly until about two weeks ago when, suddenly, the gmail accounts started with the blank mail issue: HTML or text. AOL and Sprint continue to work fine and setting up a new Versamail account to check gmail makes no diff.

Chattermail is great but, as of lastversion, could not handle attachments from gmail and costs $40.

I have set all my gmail to foward to sprint and download it from there.
    I will duly file a complaint with gmail but I imagine pleasing Versamail users is not high on their list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I just bought my wife a Centro 3 days ago and the second test email that she rec'd had the same problem everyone else is having/talking about here.

Question, if it IS a Versamail problem why doesn't my 755p have this problem?

Is it whatever Versamail has to "talk" to is causing the problems? I don't understand because it seems like this problem just popped up recently, and the Centro has been out for a while right?
    Treo 755 and Centro have different built in Versamail: 3.5 & 4.0. later i'll hard reset my phone to see if 3.5 mysteriosly works but I upgraded because of 3.5 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by VetDoctor View Post
    Chattermail is great but, as of lastversion, could not handle attachments from gmail and costs $40.

I believe that the last version of Chatter Email does handle Gmail IMAP attachments. Well worth the money, IMO.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Adding my Versamail Gmail Imap problem to the list. I can't download attachments. Messages don't even show as having attachments.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    I had the same problem with the sprint mobile email app and versamail.

I now use the sprint mobile email app problem free, the trick is to not use the built in settings for gmail, so setup your account, and click on "other email" (instead of gmail, aol, etc), and then manually type in the imap settings and it should work.
    What are the imap settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by VetDoctor View Post
    Treo 755 and Centro have different built in Versamail: 3.5 & 4.0. later i'll hard reset my phone to see if 3.5 mysteriosly works but I upgraded because of 3.5 issues.

Strange - the next day Versamail on my wifes Centro with one pop account and one imap AOL account now work fine.

Nice phone but pinkish tint to camera/lcd screen kinda is a bummer.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    still an issue .. bump
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Problem on both my kids phones... any news???
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msweet View Post
    Use Snapper Mail Enterprise addition.. It works miraculously well.
    I agree. I use SnapperMail Premier and it works with no hitches. It also allows you to save your messages in your sd card. Full attachment support as well. It also comes with splash photo and some other programs. A great investment, I must say.
    I think Goolge has fixed this problem. I used to have the same problem discussed here, but starting a couple of days ago, I have been downloading the entire emails without any issues. I checked the versamail version and it is still v4.0.1 Build 77.

Google probably got a lot of complaints from centro users and decided to do somthing about it. I know I did my part
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12