Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    I couldn't disagree more... I have used smartphones for many years. never needed nor wanted a data plan. I have a computer at home and work, do not want to do the same thing with my phone.

for me, smartphones have always been about data management for me.. Contacts, ToDo, Memos, Calendar, lists and and such.. those key aspects have no need for a data plan. I have never felt at a loss for not having a data plan. That is how the smartphone evolved... data plans for web access was a natural after thought and extension.
    Speaking of evolution, most of those applications can now be found on your average "dumb" phone, albeit in a dumbed down fashion. With the types of phones out that do many of these things, you can hardly call a smartphone smart without a data connection.
    I can't believe LJP hasn't been mentioned yet! Thats one of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Speaking of evolution, most of those applications can now be found on your average "dumb" phone, albeit in a dumbed down fashion. With the types of phones out that do many of these things, you can hardly call a smartphone smart without a data connection.
    Now its my turn to disagree Internet can be done on almost as many dumbphones as smartphones especially with the proliferation of mobile website and WAP sites. To me, what sets a smartphone apart is the ability to sync to the PC and therefore never lose data. Now that's smart!
    my list
    AIM (Free from aol.co.uk, or Mundu for $11)
    Card Reader (no more hotsync, $12)
    FileProg (Free file manager)
    Gmail (Free Gmail client)
    IBM JVM (Gmail and Opera mini both need this, Free)
    Noah Pro (Free Dict.)
    NVBackup (Free back up app)
    Opera MINI 4
    TCPMP (Free media Player)
    Soft Reset

Of course, preinstalled
    Versa Mail
    Google Maps
    Blazer
    Last edited by clevin; 06/03/2008 at 09:11 PM.
    I will emphasize a few:

SplashID - Use it multiple times a day
    Chattermail - Best email app
    PTunes - Makes my Treo an Ipod
    Takephone - Awesome phone manager
    PocketMirror Pro - If you have sub-folders in Outlook
    EReader - One of the main reasons I wouldn't get a BB
    Tryda - look up phone numbers
    Google Maps - Amazing, great
    Resco Backup - Must have a backup program
    Has anyone tried if Profiles (by Milan) and CallFilter (by Velocityware) works on the Centro? I'm thinking of upgrading from the T650.
    Yes, Profiles works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    Has anyone tried if Profiles (by Milan) and CallFilter (by Velocityware) works on the Centro? I'm thinking of upgrading from the T650.
    callfilter works for me.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    My Location doesn't work with Google Maps, unless Palm finally released the api or something... There's a workaround for GSM Centros though I think.
    ForGSM Centros:

http://www.razix.net/mloc/

You have to register but it's free - no more than an amusing toy, though - I run it occasionally, and the best I ever got was a position about 500 m from where I was (which is quite ok, I guess), whereas the worst was - as the crow flies - TWO HUNDRED KILOMETRES away. (At least its computations are consistent: when I try in from my home, it always puts me exactly in the middle of a German Autobahn - dangerous stuff, that.
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 07/22/2008 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I can't believe LJP hasn't been mentioned yet! Thats one of my favorites.
    Playful little devil, aren't you?

Regards, Jochen
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    No one mentioned yet, but PDANEt , which tethers the phone to the computer, and gives you internet on your computer. This is amazing. The first time I used this, I was in a car going from Rochester to Binghamton, and with my 650, got my laptop online, then using remote desktop, was controlling my desktop while doing 70 mph!

The treos are good to do quick email, but if I am stuck at the airport and need to really type, a computer keyboard is much better than any smartphone's. Most wifi costs, but with the phone and pdanet, don't need to.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Here's my list:

1. Initiate Standard or Pro
    2. Reset Doctor
    3. TCPMP
    4. Snappermail
    5. NV Backup
    6. Monopoly
    7. Bejeweled 2
    8. Sulite (Sudoku free)
    9. Noah Pro Dictionary
    I used to use PDANet a lot (prior to my company giving me a DSL dongle from Sprint). It works great!

If you do project management (like me), the Agendus products are great!

I use most or have used most of the products listed. My only gripe (and longtime TC readers know this) is the incompatibility of Ptunes/SAG/DRM tunes.

As for important things, like games;
    WordPop
    Bejeweled
    SimCity
    Sub Hunter (?) - It's a free 'battleship' clone that has a nice 2-player mode with IR/Bluetooth support. Great phone on long plane trips.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Is anyone using Volumecare on their centros?
    Is there a need for it?
    I had purchased it for my 650, so I moved it over to my centro but I haven't really noticed a difference in sound when I enable/disable it.
    The centro volume is great but when I connect my wired headphones and I use TCMP Player it is a bit lower than using PTunes...Still playing around with it though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12