Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is a shout out or call to those developers out there.
    It would be nice to have program that would hide pictures .
    to put them in a folder and have them password protected.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    IDGuard & Acid Image Basic/Pro does this well.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I use RescoViewer to password-protect pictures. I'd recommend checking that out as well. I'm afraid I've never used IDGuard or Acid so I can't give you any sort of comparison on them.
    I forgot about Resco Viewer, that's good too. You need to try them & see which one is best for you. Resco is nice because it works wiith GIF pictures really well.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It'd be nice if someone could hack the built in security app to do this.

I think on the 650 the built in Security app did do this....I'll have to check.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    It'd be nice if someone could hack the built in security app to do this.

I think on the 650 the built in Security app did do this....I'll have to check.
    same here i would like some type of hack that would do this and only this hide pictures
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    I have Acid pro but it only hides the pics when viewing them through Acid pro. It doesn't hide them from view when using the built in camera. Does any of those programs hide the pics from view on the phone no matter program is being used thanks.
    IDGuard does....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    IDGuard does....
    Hey reverend, thanks for your help but i just tried IDGuard and it does not fair any much better than the others that i have used. This includes Acid Image Pro and Resco Viewer. What they do is whenever you mark the pictures or picture folders as private they hide the pictures when accessing them through their respective picture viewers but do not hide them from the main built in camera application which is the one and most important that it needs to be hidden from. Hopefully someone knows of a program that can do that
    I guess your right, but it helps me for now

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Hey reverend, thanks for your help but i just tried IDGuard and it does not fair any much better than the others that i have used. This includes Acid Image Pro and Resco Viewer. What they do is whenever you mark the pictures or picture folders as private they hide the pictures when accessing them through their respective picture viewers but do not hide them from the main built in camera application which is the one and most important that it needs to be hidden from. Hopefully someone knows of a program that can do that

i second that. it doesnt hide/mask the way i would like it to
    Hello,

Resco Explorer allows you to create password protected .zip files.
    These files are compatible with Winzip and the like.

Larry
    I have Resco Viewer and it works great for me. I select the picture I want to hide, and encrypt it instead of just marking it private. It stays hidden. It doesn't show up in the built-in palm pics&videos app, palm desktop, or in the backup files that palm creates on your computer when you hotsync. The files are there, but you just can't access them or see the thumbnails unless you know the password.
    Last edited by wildfire070; 06/04/2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    I have Resco Viewer and it works great for me. I select the picture I want to hide, and encrypt it instead of just marking it private. It stays hidden. It doesn't show up in the built-in palm pics&videos app, palm desktop, or in the backup files that palm creates on your computer when you hotsync. The files are there, but you just can't access them or see the thumbnails unless you know the password.
    You are a genius . Finally, the encryption method works. My concern now is that the pictures show up in the built in viewer with a X rather than just not showing up. I guess that will have to work for now. How about the videos. Unfortunately Resco View doesn't hide videos. Do you know of a way to hide videos from the built in pics&video too. Thanks
    Last edited by champagne609; 06/04/2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Hmmm....not sure about videos, sorry.
    Damn was hoping wouldn't say that.. But if you do find out how to hide videos it would be greatly appreciated.
    The Resco Explorer Secure Files approach works with Videos as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The Resco Explorer Secure Files approach works with Videos as well.
    What exactly do you mean by the resco explorer secure files method. Whenever i got to the video files through resco explorer the only option to secure the file is to zip it and place a password for the zip. I found this after you mentioned the secure method. Is this what you are talking about? thanks
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by the resco explorer secure files method. Whenever i got to the video files through resco explorer the only option to secure the file is to zip it and place a password for the zip. I found this after you mentioned the secure method. Is this what you are talking about? thanks
    When you install Resco Explorer it creates a secured files folder. All you need to do is drag and drop files you want secured onto that folder. You can open any file in the secured file folder simply by tapping it and providing the password. You can also change file associations so video files will open with TCPMP rather than Pics and Videos.
    What version is this? I have the last one before they just revamped it to 4.0. (version 3.2something I think) I dont see any secured files folder on my car.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast