Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hello, I am a new Centro owner and really like the small size and functionality of it. I do not like the small numbers on the phone dialer screen though and was wondering if there was a launcher that would add some improvements in that area? I have seen TAKEphONE and that looks promising. Any opinions on anything else out there that might work? I searched under "launcher" but got so many posts it was hard to sort through. If there is a better keyword out there let me know!

Thanks!
    Dave
    Are you looking for just a phone program? I'd suggest TAKEphONE or dial by photo. Both are neat programs. (I personally have a trial of takephone on my centro)

If you're wanting an all around launcher to replace the palm os launcher, try zlauncher. It has a lot of different customizations you can pick, themes you can download, etc. I can't live without it.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well, maybe I want two programs..do any of the launchers allow for increased phone number screens to make it easier to dial via the touch screen?
    like bigger number buttons?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Definitely take a look at TAKEphONE! It's an AWESOME app! Not only is it VERY functional, but you can also choose from alot of different skins (look in this thread).

Also, the developer is VERY responsive to suggestions or problems!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    like bigger number buttons?
    Like bigger buttons and easier phone book calling. I guess a better launcher too, if there is such a thing.

Thanks!
    Dave
    TAKEphONE . . . TAKEphONE . . . oh, and did I mention TAKEphONE . . . ? ? ?

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    While taking out TAKEphONE for a test drive, take a look at 2day from the same developer. They have a trial. You won't regret it.

Welcome to TreoCentral and Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I suggest down load trial of both TAKEphONE & DialByPhoto. I have both but use and like DialByPhoto better.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Dial by Photo has a successor now, called UltimatePhone. Users have experienced lag problems with it though. TakePhone on the other hand is fast skinnable and awesome.
    Ultimatephone is way too resource intensive and it has a lot of useless pages (imo). Go for takephone.
    Agree with all above, I just got TakePhone 2-3 weeks ago from their firesale (got it for $4.95) and it was the best $5 I've spent!! I have it on my Treo 700p and will use it on my Centro when it comes out on VZW!

I'm going to try the 2Day program as well which also looks great!!

Also, one of my colleague has TakePhone on his Sprint Centro and he's the one who let me in on the secret on how awesome TakePhone is....
    I have had TakePhone since my 650. It is the best program i have. I use it as a launcher too. I just set the I-bar to my most used programs.
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    $4.95!!! Cant believe I missed that! I've been using it for the last couple of days and it seems pretty good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Agree with all above, I just got TakePhone 2-3 weeks ago from their firesale (got it for $4.95) and it was the best $5 I've spent!! I have it on my Treo 700p and will use it on my Centro when it comes out on VZW!

I'm going to try the 2Day program as well which also looks great!!

Also, one of my colleague has TakePhone on his Sprint Centro and he's the one who let me in on the secret on how awesome TakePhone is....