1.    #1  
    I am finally almost through my Sprint 700p contract, and eligible for an upgrade. It appears that most users like the Centro better than the 700p, but I need to know a few things:

1. How is the phone reception for the Centro compared with the 700p (no antenna vs. antenna)? I live in a poor reception area and need all the reception I can get.
    2. Does the Centro have a "Roam Only" setting? While Sprint doesn't work at my home, I can use Nextel reasonably well on my 700p.
    3. Can I re-install most apps from my 700p to a Centro using Backup Buddy VFS? I guess I would need to move the apps from an SD card to the mini-SD card.
    4. Would it be better to wait until the end of the year to see what new techonology is available? I hear there are new things coming.
    5. Any other useful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help-
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by b.ionian View Post
    I am finally almost through my Sprint 700p contract, and eligible for an upgrade. It appears that most users like the Centro better than the 700p, but I need to know a few things:

1. How is the phone reception for the Centro compared with the 700p (no antenna vs. antenna)? I live in a poor reception area and need all the reception I can get.
    2. Does the Centro have a "Roam Only" setting? While Sprint doesn't work at my home, I can use Nextel reasonably well on my 700p.
    3. Can I re-install most apps from my 700p to a Centro using Backup Buddy VFS? I guess I would need to move the apps from an SD card to the mini-SD card.
    4. Would it be better to wait until the end of the year to see what new techonology is available? I hear there are new things coming.
    5. Any other useful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help-
    Rick
    1) Reception is pretty much identical, I had a 700p and it is the same in most areas (with or without treoantenna stub).

2) Yes I use it at home due to the lack of a Sprint signal and that fixes my signal faded problems.

3) Yes you can but find the most updated versions of any programs you use to help with full centro compatibility.

4) The 800W will be out at some point but if you want Palm OS I think the Centro is going to hang around for a while.

5) You will bless your Centro after using the 700p for a while. The keyboard is way smaller but after a while you will get used to it. And it is much thinner and smaller than the 700p, much less bulkier. And the software.... WAY less crashes and other BS the 700p had!

Good luck!