1.    #1  
    I am posting this in the Treo 755p Forum but it is URGENT for any Treo owner!

To anyone using Warden or Warden Pro Security on their Treo:

The site LockMyTreo.com is no longer functioning. The site is "For Sale".

This site is crucial for Warden and Warden Pro to function in the event your Treo is lost or stolen. W/o this website, you have no way to activate the remote lock or remote data erase functions of Warden or Warden Pro. Warden Pro was supposed to have a phone in function as well as the SMS function to activate. The promised phone function was never implemented as it was "too unstable". I received an e-mail reply at 5:30pm yesterday from their tech support telling me they are "working on the dial in problem". When I checked their site at 11:00pm the site was gone and FOR SALE! Tech support never said anything about the site being closed. This is not the usual "they didn't pay their rent" message.

WHAT MAKES THIS REALLY BAD IS THAT THEIR SALES SITE, AND LOTS OF OTHER RETAILERS (INCLUDING TREOCENTRAL) ARE STILL SELLING WARDEN AND WARDEN PRO EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NO FUNCTIONALITY W/O LOCKMYTREO.COM.

Please be aware and don't waste your $50 like me!!!

bk
  2.    #2  
    Upon further searching, I found two links with the security page to lock/erase remotely. They are:
    LockMyMobile.com and MyTreo.net (orange link line at top of page "Lock My Treo").

While I may have over-reacted by my above post, I am still mad that they would change their security page w/o telling their registered users. They have full contact info for every registered user. They could have sent e-mails or SMS to notify us. If my Treo had been lost or stolen, it would have taken me hours to locate these new links. This was like changing the lock on the front door and forgetting to tell your spouse/sig. other/kids/family........

All documentation still points to LockMyTreo.com even though this is now a Mover's website!

bk
    Have you considered another application that handles the same function without a middle guy involved?

Ben
  4.    #4  
    Yes. I checked out several other security apps including mSafe and BluePill, but non had the extensive security features of Warden Pro. Also, in testing, mSafe crashed my 755, reset and was no longer secure.

If there was another security app with the features of WP and no middleman, I would switch in a heartbeat. WP still doesn't have the "phone in the lock code" working, only the secure coded SMS. I paid extra for the phone aspect. They told me in trial that I would get the phone # when I purchased. Once purchased, they said that part wasn't developed yet, but would be in 2 weeks. that was 2 months ago and still no completion date.

On paper, WP is a great app. The secure SMS part works quickly, does everything as promised, and notifies me with confirmation e-mail that device is locked/erased. Shutting down the SMS send website killed the only part of WP that worked! Having stumbled onto the new website, the secure SMS feature works again.
    I use TealLock and BluePill - a great combination. Ben
    bclinger,

Since the above poster had some problems with Warden Pro and msafe (I have heard others say that Warden Pro doesn't work very well), I am interested in TealLock and/or BluePill for my 755p since msafe from the above poster krazman seems to have said it may not be compatible with a 755p(your sig shows an 800w)

Have you tried BluePill with an 755p before - it seems the developer has not updated it very much.

Thanks for your input.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    It works on the 700P and the Centro. Also TealLock 6 works on all of them. Why not do a test run on it?
    I thought I read somewhere that since TealLock 6 encrypts it might take afew seconds after it is woken up to decrypt - I am hoping that BluePill is lighter on its feet.

I give that one a try first - thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It works on the 700P and the Centro. Also TealLock 6 works on all of them. Why not do a test run on it?
    A trial run is a must. My 755p gets very unstable with TealLock running.
    The latest release of TealLock 6? I do not have a 755, though it is installed on a 700P and 2 Centros and no hitch. BluePill is on the 700P and 1 Centro.
    bclinger,

Thank you for the info - I did a google search and read thru some of your old posts in 2006 - the search function here at TC didn't turn up much.

What is strange is that even back then BluePill was 1.1.0 and later in some of the posted info I understand that they are up to 1.1.3 - yet BluePill still shows 1.1.0 on Dmitry's website.

I'll see what version it is when I install the trial download - who knows - it might be 1.1.3 instead of the listed 1.1.0

Thanks again!
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 08/25/2008 at 02:30 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The latest release of TealLock 6? I do not have a 755, though it is installed on a 700P and 2 Centros and no hitch. BluePill is on the 700P and 1 Centro.
    Yes, I am using the latest release, which is 7.02. The most stable version on my 755 was 6.37...I'll have to see if I can find a copy somewhere.
    Then take it up with their support - they are very quick with problems.
    I have BluePill loaded and I only tested one part - the format card part - well I don't think my 755p can format a 4GB SDHC card normally (I tired and it just sits there saying formatting) let alone via BluePill or any other program, but it was able to scramble the card enough that my 755p wouldn't and couldn't read it after I gave the command - I haven't had enough time to play and fully understand BluePill yet.

But I just thought of this - if for example you say as your trigger message "format card" and asumming you know someone else that has BluePill installed on his/her phone. Couldn't I just text "that person" and say "format card"? Yikes! that seems scary! Since BluePill works so stealthy you could do some serious damage just by guessing. How do you get around that - do you have to buy some other software to protect against that? I'm sure it has to do the with the trigger message, case sensitive, and substring settings, but I read an old post from some of you guys and some say they do and/or do not use those extra settings. I know I'm missing something - so please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks!

Edited: was able to spend a little more time with BluePill - and after playing with it, I believe I got the hang of it. Nice app! Great Price! Gonna buy it now!
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 08/26/2008 at 08:13 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us