Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I love Toccer. I know some people don't like the basic palm look to it, but I'm kind of fond of it. However, more and more of my friends are on gtalk as well, and Toccer doesn't have this. (Although Toccer *does* show me when people are idle, and allows me to order the lists however I want and doesn't force me to have it alphabetical)

I have a couple questions though before I make the switch...

1) Does anyone know why bluetooth has to be on before Mundu can be launched? I can turn bluetooth off after launching it... just seems odd to me. At first I thought bluetooth had to be on the entire time, further draining my battery, but thankfully that's not so.

2) How do I save my chats? If I can save my chats... this is a possible deal breaker. The older versions of Toccer didn't have the ability to export logs... and that just ate up my memory. (chatting on my phone is probably my most used feature.) The newer version now let's me export to memo, or directly to my memory card which is wonderful.

I go to View --> View Saved Messages --> then highlight the conversation I want --> tap on the save icon. It says my conversations is then saved to Memos... but when I go to Memos, there's nothing there.

Is this an upcoming feature? Sure it doesn't save directly to card as a text file... but I can live with that, and find other ways to work around that.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I never had to have bluetooth enabled to use Mundu...

Mundu supports chat logging:

Options > Preferences, scroll down to "Save my Chats"
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Maybe it's some weird conflict with another app (the Bluetooth issue)

As for the saved chats. Yeah, I have that option on. Which I assume is what allows me to view them in View Saved Messages. The only thing is that it stores it in RAM (I think as MunduIM4DB.pdb). Using the old Toccer, before files could be exported to the card, I wound up having 13mb of chats saved. I'm going to have that same problem with Mundu if I can't find a way to export these saved chats.

Looking further into it, If you go to View Saved Messages, and select a specific message, and click the save icon. It says "Transferring..." then it says "Archive was transferred to Memos". But nothing is found in Memos. Instead a file is created called, "MunduArchive_1.pdb" (or _2, _3, etc.) Which I have no idea how to access with anything, Memos or Mundu. As far as I can tell, it just takes up RAM for no purpose.

I have to be missing something...

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    After playing around with it even more...

Although the files are recognized as .pdb using FileZ, and even though Mundu is telling me the files have gotten exported to Memos... Documents to Go actually recognizes the files as .txt files. I will have to take the time to rename the files, but at least Docs to Go allows for easy access to the archived chats, and makes it easy enough to Move to Card.

That's a satisfactory result for me. I'd like to figure out the bluetooth thing... but if it's a conflict with another app... I'm probably never going to figure it out. There are too many on my card.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I haven't tried it on my Centro, but I do know on the Treo 650 it would suck down the battery to nothing in a matter of a few hours. This has been a problem both on my treo and a friends'.
    toccer certainly kills my battery fast. Even worse, sometimes even after logging out it seems to continue to kill my battery unless i do a soft reset.