1.    #1  
    Here's some useful information I'd like to pass on: while on a long road trip recently I inadvertently put my Treo 680 into a cup of tea, covering much of the keyboard. Tea was running out of it, and it was pretty dead. When I got to my friend's house, he brought out a big bowl of raw rice and buried the phone & battery in it overnight. By morning, the rice had helped draw the moisture out of the Treo, and it started right up and has been working fine ever since!
    Was the rice cooked or uncooked? What type of rice was it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Was the rice cooked or uncooked? What type of rice was it?
    The rice was raw=uncooked. It's the same principle that holds when people put rice grains in their salt shakers to keep the salt flowing--the rice absorbs moisture. As for what kind, I didn't see a brand, and it appeared to be the typical long grain white rice that we often have in our cupboards (like Carolina Rice). I don't think it matters if it is arborio or jasmine, etc. so long as it is uncooked rice.
    Good to know Padmapada! Thanks for that tip!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can also use the packets that come in your new shows. Those ones that say "DO NOT EAT". They do the same thing.
    You can also use the crystal type of cat litter (not the crystal / clumping blends). The crystal cat litter is 100% silica gel and will suck the moisture out of just about anything.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I think I know Silica
    Don't mix your rice, sneaker silica, and cat litter. Your risotto will give you quite a tummy ache!
    -- Josh
  9. DFS
    When all else fails try: Pocket PC Techs. They got my 680 up and running after a (strangely similar) head first Tea "encounter". They are not cheap, but they were responsive and I really do think I got excellent service and a good value.

And thanks, but I'll pass on the Risotto...