1.    #1  
    Thanks to a lead from this fine site, I tried then bought (only $14.95) LexSpell. It is a great spell checker and lets me type even faster. It must be loaded in RAM not on the card.

Try it, you'll like it.

(No connection with the app seller.)

BB
    I've been using LexSpell for a couple of years and find it essential if you do a lot of e-mail and forum posting from your Palm device. (no connection with the app seller for me as well)
    LIARS!!!!!! YOU'RE BOTH CONNECTED WITH THE APP SELLER!!!!!!!!

Kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I've been using LexSpell for a couple of years and find it essential if you do a lot of e-mail and forum posting from your Palm device. (no connection with the app seller for me as well)
    MarkY,

I also use LexSpell on my Sprint 755p. I have one slight glitch. When I spell check with inside Versamail and after LexSpell has completed, my D-pad doesn't work anymore. I can't use it to select send unless I pull my stylus out and hit the send button, but if I exit Versamail by jumping to any program and then come back to Versamail right where I left off the D-pad works fine.

One other question if you or anybody knows is can you edit the dictionary? Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    One other question if you or anybody knows is can you edit the dictionary? Thanks!
    I use TextPulus and it can be edited, add words and phrases.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I will agree, LexSpell rules!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    MarkY,

I also use LexSpell on my Sprint 755p. I have one slight glitch. When I spell check with inside Versamail and after LexSpell has completed, my D-pad doesn't work anymore. I can't use it to select send unless I pull my stylus out and hit the send button, but if I exit Versamail by jumping to any program and then come back to Versamail right where I left off the D-pad works fine.

Ah, one of the many reasons I don't use Versamail, although I've never tried your scenario on my Centro or any previous 650 or 700p.

Yes, you can add words to the LexSpell dictionary.
  8.    #8  
    But note, when you hit Add it adds the word shown in replace, not the word to which it objected. So to add your word you must put that into the Replace with box, then hit Add.

BB
    blazorboy,

I understand what you are saying about putting the word "you want" in the replace box and not the word they they suggest - but do you "re-hightight" the word you want in the replace box before you hit add or does it not make a difference?

And then can you "edit" the dictionary?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I use TextPulus and it can be edited, add words and phrases.

Good Luck
    TurboTiger - thanks I'll check it out.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Ah, one of the many reasons I don't use Versamail, although I've never tried your scenario on my Centro or any previous 650 or 700p.

Yes, you can add words to the LexSpell dictionary.
    Probably a Versamail problem then - because it only happens in Versamail

Dang! I actually like Versamail because its free and it sync with Outlook

I just wish that it could store the emails on an external card - I tend to be a packrat for prior emails so that I can refer to them when I am away from the office.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

12.    #12  
    blazorboy,

I understand what you are saying about putting the word "you want" in the replace box and not the word they they suggest - but do you "re-hightight" the word you want in the replace box before you hit add or does it not make a difference?

And then can you "edit" the dictionary?

Thanks!
    While I'm still leering how best to use the app., I did not highlight the word, just typed it into the replace box instead of the suggested word. I have not seen a dictionary editing feature, but it may be there.

BB
  13.    #13  
    Probably a Versamail problem then - because it only happens in Versamail

Dang! I actually like Versamail because its free and it sync with Outlook

I just wish that it could store the emails on an external card - I tend to be a packrat for prior emails so that I can refer to them when I am away from the office.

Using a Treo755p I have no such problem with Versamail (a relatively good program).

BB
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Are there any free spellcheckers out there?
    At $15 for 500,000 words, the price per word is not that great!

BB