1.    #1  
    HI all,

Was setting up my bluetooth pairing with my PC and of course had to establish a new Bluetooth serial port on the PC to do it. Got that figured out, and when prompted to enter passkey on the Centro I noticed the "options" indicator (in the lower right of the screen) kept popping up - totally uncalled for. I had to hit the options button before every key input - it wouldn't stay off.

Even after doing that after inputting the final digit of my passkey I discovered I had to hit <space bar> or else the last digit would get turned into the option as it was sent via bluetooth!

I tried tapping options twice to turn off, but that didn't work.

I exited the bluetooth and tried again, but the options came up again without being requested.

Any ideas? Is this some security measure by Palm when inputting passkeys?

Looking forward to your ideas!
    Cheers, Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I think they just assume that your passkey will be numbers. Seemed to work ok if you just hit the option key before any letter character - this was on a 700p. Never had a problem with the last character changing. Does it pair successfully afterward? It should pair automatically once it is paired once.
  3.    #3  
    Hi TJ,

Yes, that's what I had to do - tap "options" key before each pass key, problem for me is that my passkey is a long one ( for security reasons of course) and the devices would time out before they'd pair up!

Took me a bit of time, but I finally got the devices to pair up My T3 and the Centro - so I finally got all my contacts and calendar entries switched to the centro.

Funny thing is I didn't have hardly ANY trouble pairing the Centro with my Sanyo phone to get the remaining newer contacts from the Sanyo!

Oh well.

I have noticed that ONLY in the bluetooth pairing pass key entry is where this "options" requirement shows up! Any other apps that require pass key entry do so with normal keyboard entry.

At least my devices trust each other now, so I won't have to repeat that headache!

Thanks!
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!