Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's $27 with a $9 MIR but will probably be perfect for what I want and that's pretty darn inexpensive!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...53&dcaid=17653
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    thanks for the tip.. a quick Goggle does not turn up any bad comments about that brand - never heard of it myself - so I am gonna try it as a new SDHC card was on my list. I see this same card for $50 other places!

"DaneElec, Lexar, etc., are based on Toshiba underpinnings. DaneElec and Lexar in particular used to be Panasonic strongholds. "
    They've been running around $20 on ebay lately.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have had three different micro SD cards in my Centro. A toshiba, kingston & now a SanDisk. I cannot believe how much faster the SanDisk is than the other two. I bought mine last week at Best Buy where I had them price match a sale from Office Depot for $39.99 and I had a $20 coupon for their club or whatever, so I thought I got a good deal. Look at this on Amazon. It's only $17.32. I don't think I would look anywhere else.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroS...bosnation0e-20

As I posted, the price went down more.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The SanDisc is only class 2 while the Dane-Elec at buy.com is class 4, so in theory it should be quite a bit faster.

I wonder if that makes much of a difference in a Centro...
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    its all about the final price... the DaneElec is shipped FREE... the others have shipping..

and as for eBay, as I have been watching (and even bid on several), 'base price' has been around 20 but shipping average is $7-9... again, it is about the FINAL price. in the end, since this thread started, I have not seen one go as cheap on eBay (avg is about 23-24 final total) or elsewhere when considering actual final paid price.
    I have bought one on ebay for $18.50 with shipping, but that one was a little lower than normal.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

anyone know if the class 2 microSD is ok for the Centro for playing MP3 music?
    I recommend the Sandisk Class 4, just incase.

I get a VFSMark of around 1095, which is awesome.
    I just looked on palm.com and they're selling a 4GB microSD that's class 6, FYI. Don't know if it's overkill, but it's about $60.
    Too expensive imo. Sandisk 6gb Class 4 is $45 on Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    anyone know if the class 2 microSD is ok for the Centro for playing MP3 music?
    I can tell you that mine is class 2 and I use it as an MP3 player everyday when I walk. Works great. I can't imagine any of the others having a noticeable difference in speed as it is fast. I actually like Ptunes better than Kinoma. Ptunes goes back to playing in the same location as I stopped both when a phone call comes in and when I just stop using it. Kinoma always just stops and I have to manually start it from the beginning.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    got it in the mail today... nice.. now just gotta wait like 6 weeks for a $9 check
    I just bought a sandisk on ebay with adapter AND card reader for $20, including shipping.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Why wouldn't you get 8GB or even 6GB from Newegg?
  16.    #16  
    I bought this card but it appears my Treo 650 won't recognize it...did I mess up?
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I bought this card for my Centro and it works great. Unfortunetly, none of my PCs in the house can read the card (using my USB card reader) unless I read it from my Garmin Nuevo, which is USB 1.0.

Doggy, the Treo 650 cannot read SDHC cards, at least IME. My 650 cannot read this card either.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    neither can my 650.. but I knew that ahead of time.. it is for the pending Centro anyway

but my Camera can use it just fine just in case

oh.. and my computer (Mac and PC) via the USB port with adaptor or the card port on the Dell monitor will not mount this card either.. anyone know what's up with that? I can only mount it if I mount it via my Camera via a USB cable.. but not via the adaptor.
    Last edited by eTard; 05/16/2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    oh.. and my computer (Mac and PC) via the USB port with adaptor or the card port on the Dell monitor will not mount this card either.. anyone know what's up with that? I can only mount it if I mount it via my Camera via a USB cable.. but not via the adaptor.
    I ran into the same problem. It's probably because the adapter and card port on your Dell are for SD cards (2GB and below). You need a newer card reader/adapter that will read SDHC cards (4GB and above). I got a new card reader for SDHC cards, put the Micro SDHC in the adapter and it worked just fine.

Elfyn
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried CardReader? I remember using this a bit back for the free trial, but did not need to buy as I had readers that work fine. This might be a way as it mounts the card right to your desktop through your Centro assuming it is hooked up to Sync. They say it is Centro compatible, someone try it and see if a big 4GB card works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast