Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    After configuring my Yahoo account on my new Centro.....I ditched the data plan as I really don't need google maps, or email on the go cuz I have email at home and work. I discovered that I still got alerts when I received an email. I will not be charged if I don't open the email...but with yahoos few lines of preview you can still make out whether its important enough to run to a computer or to wait until you get home or at work. Huh? Wadya think? Or am I a stingy *******? just pay the $15 bucks?

James
    Go ahead and do whatever meets your needs, but I can't imagine having my Centro without a data plan. It is just to useful with the data capability.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Are you sure you are not being charged for the data? Most carriers do have a pay as you go data plan that gets used when you cancel the regular data plan.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Go ahead and do whatever meets your needs, but I can't imagine having my Centro without a data plan. It is just to useful with the data capability.
    same here - have developed a habit of reading my RSS feeds on google.com/reader first thing when I wake up in the morning. My wife dislikes that very much, btw - she hates it to wake up to the clicking noise of my Centro's keyboard :-)

I also use it to browse the web on Opera Mini, read e-mails via directpush etc.
    I seriously wouldn't want to have the Centro without a data plan.

dakis
    Like the other poster said, do whatever meets your needs. Yahoo email alerts you through SMS. So a data plan is not needed.

I can't see any reason to be without a data plan. What I pay for Sprint's unlimited Power Vision Ultimate packs on a 700p and a Centro combined is less than what Verizon charges for one data connection.

You should look into the Sprint SERO plans. I have the SERO 500 plan and pay $30 per month. It includes 500 anytime minutes, N&W @ 7PM, unlimited data, unlimited text messages, free M to M, and several other features.
    I've got Sprint everything plan for 99 bux. worx 4 me and no worries.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!