1.    #1  
    I got a Centro Air case a few months ago, and I got tired of it looking bad from all of the lint and dust that accumulates underneath it. So I decided to try painting the inside of the case.

It was pretty much a spur-of-the-moment decision while I was at Wal-Mart the other night, so I wanted to get some black model paint. It turns out they don't carry model paint anymore, so I decided to get some cheap (~$1.50) black nail polish instead.

I took apart the case, and painted the nail polish on the inside of the case. The polish was pretty thin and I wasn't being very careful, so the paint job looked pretty bad - thick, uneven, and full of streaks. But, when you look at the side that faces out, it looks almost flawless!

After it dried, I snapped it back on the phone, and was really impressed with the results. You can't even tell that it is clear plastic painted on the inside. Instead, it just looks like the case itself is made of glossy black plastic. Actually, unless you're used to handling a Centro, it wouldn't be obvious that there's even a case on it at all - it just looks like it's the body of the phone!

I did end up with a few minor issues, mainly due to my carelessness. First, I put a bit of tape over where the IR window lines up so that would remain clear. It worked out pretty well, but my lines didn't turn out as straight as I would have liked. The other issue I have is that I put too much polish on the parts where the two halves snap together, so I have a little bit of a "lip" along the edge, rather than having it completely flush at the seam.

I just thought I'd share my experience for those of you who have considered painting your Air case. Plus, for anybody who wants a custom-colored phone, just buy an Air Case and some model paint or nail polish, and hear everybody say, "Wow, I didn't know they made a neon green Centro!"

I'll try posting some pics later.
    yes, pictures please!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  3.    #3  
    Here are the pics. You can see where I messed up a little by the IR window on the side:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u.../phonecase.jpg
    That looks really nice. Can't even tell it is nail polish. I understand the frustration you have with lint and dirt stuck between the case and the phone. It is inevitable in dark-colored phones. Been there, too! Glad that you've found a great solution and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.
    its looking good. i've got an air case as well, but i think i'm going to chrystalize it like my older treos lol.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    its looking good. i've got an air case as well, but i think i'm going to chrystalize it like my older treos lol.
    If you want some bling, you should paint your air case with some sparkly nail polish.
    Does the paint interfere with reception?
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I can't tell at all that you used nail polish. It does, in fact, look as if there's no case at all until I look closely. Good job!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Does the paint interfere with reception?
    I never thought of that. I don't usually check how many bars I have, so I'm not sure if it's had any effect. None that I've noticed as far as call quality.