Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Safeguard is an application that claims to log Palm OS crashes to enable a user to diagnose crashes and prevent them. I've been using Safeguard for a couple of weeks. After several resets and freeze-ups I checked the Safeguard log. Nothing showed so I contacted Safeguard's tech support for assistance 3 days ago. To date I've received no response from them. So...buyer beware. In my experience the application failed to meet its claims and the developer failed to provide support. This is one of the few Palm apps where I've had such an experience.
    Mark Bergman
  2. #2  
    Mark,

    I don't work for GoTreoSoftware, but I will say that Jeff Gibson is very responsive to issues and actually is one of the more responsive developers out there. If you have not heard back, try writing to jeff@gotreosoftware.com. Your experience of waiting three days for a response is not typical. As for logging Palm crashes, I would encourage to ensure you have the Crash Monitor turned on. Second, not all resets are crashes. If your Palm resets unexpectedly and it does not register in the crash log, then check the reset log. Resets are caused by apps in the foreground, so whatever app that is listed is the app that caused the crash. Hope that helps.

    Stu
  3. #3  
    yeah . not every software is going to work 100 percent. but I have had it running for a month and it has alerted me to what causes a few crashes I had. but you have to understand its not flawless. and I'm positive the developer will work with you to figure out what is up.
  4. #4  
    Jeff is really good about his apps, plus SafeGuard works well for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Safeguard is an application that claims to log Palm OS crashes to enable a user to diagnose crashes and prevent them. I've been using Safeguard for a couple of weeks. After several resets and freeze-ups I checked the Safeguard log. Nothing showed so I contacted Safeguard's tech support for assistance 3 days ago. To date I've received no response from them. So...buyer beware. In my experience the application failed to meet its claims and the developer failed to provide support. This is one of the few Palm apps where I've had such an experience.

    This is not typical of the support that Mark has given in the past. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    This is not typical of the support that Mark has given in the past. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason.

    I agree this is not typical os the support. I disagree with the the post buyer beware. I have had problems with my treo and i have gotten nothing but a-1 support. yes there was a time when i didnt hear from anyone over there . however that was a few days and when they did get back to me i was more than satisfied with the level of care that i recieved.

    This program is here to help us with the problems that palm created and we bought. here is someone on the outside willing to help us. cause as you know palm dont offer any help with 3rd party applications . and that is what makes many of us stay with palm is the 3rd party applications( the 3rd party application).
    Give it a little time. As we see from the message board those over at gotreosoftware have family and lives . However they are there to help us . It could be anything as to the reason they have not been getting back to you.
    I just got help from them (live help) as recently as friday.
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 05/05/2008 at 06:14 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  7.    #7  
    I'm glad to hear that others have had good experiences with this developer. I'm not the sort to complain prematurely, but the facts speak for themselves so far. Just reporting my experience. I'll post an update when/if they respond to my inquiry.
    Mark Bergman
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Safeguard is an application that claims to log Palm OS crashes to enable a user to diagnose crashes and prevent them. I've been using Safeguard for a couple of weeks. After several resets and freeze-ups I checked the Safeguard log. Nothing showed so I contacted Safeguard's tech support for assistance 3 days ago. To date I've received no response from them. So...buyer beware. In my experience the application failed to meet its claims and the developer failed to provide support. This is one of the few Palm apps where I've had such an experience.
    I am sorry to have delayed in my response. I took the weekend off for once. My oldest son got engaged and my younger son came home from college.

    Please give me a way to find your email to me. I will help you if I can. It is true that not all crashes will be trapped by SafeGuard. If a foreground application is crashing, chances are SafeGuard will not see it. SafeGuard's real potential comes when background applications are causing problems. I am wondering if you had a chance to review the user manual for SafeGuard? Additionally, I have started a service called SafeGuard LIVE! where GoTreo will help you isolate, identify and fix crashing problems. It sounds like you are needing or wanting this type of service.

    Jeff

    EDIT: I just checked the entire email log and can not find any emails from anyone with a problem that sounds like this one. What email address did you send it to?
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 05/05/2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added Information
  9. #9  
    BTW, Jeff earned the weekend off. He does so much for his software & I'm sure his family is always on his case. Welcome back & congrats to your son Jeff!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10. #10  
    I echo the same to you, Jeff. Ben
  11. #11  
    although i did not have good luck with SafeGuard i can say Jeff always responds. I am a VC and PC user.

    buyer really does not have to beware does not apply with Jeff.

    TakePhone is another program that provides support that is great.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  12. #12  
    I will second SHSH software also.Both developers just awesome!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I will second SHSH software also.Both developers just awesome!
    I will third SHSH. Shimon is a terrific developer and a very strong partner with GoTreo.

    Jeff
  14. #14  
    I agree, Jeff and Shimon are very responsive, talented and helpful.

    Tks guys
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15. #15  
    Honestly without GoTreo and ShSh I wouldn't be so happy with my 755 Palm OS, stil...I would have went to WM, which the 800 is sounding nice, but again these two developers are keeping me here, thanks fellas!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  16. #16  
    I would have to add Rob Johnson and Alex Pruss and even Jan Slodicka to the mix. I would say about half my apps come from these five developers.

    Also, I find it curious we haven't heard from the OP again.
  17. #17  
    Hopefully its because his issue was taken care of. and I will add that those developers mentioned are incredible and show younger , just starting out developers how to do it right. offer good support and you wil have very loyal and happy customers willing to try your apps.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I would have to add Rob Johnson and Alex Pruss and even Jan Slodicka to the mix. I would say about half my apps come from these five developers.

    Also, I find it curious we haven't heard from the OP again.
    Treo M,
    Please share a list of the apps these guys have developed?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  19.    #19  
    It seems that Jeff responded to my inquiry (just got his follow-up minutes ago), but his message was lost in the ether. ...not in my spam filter!I'm not sure how this thread got bloated to bring in all sorts of other developers, but let's close this one out.
    Last edited by Mark Bergman; 05/07/2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Mark Bergman
  20. #20  
    Rob Johnson (HobbyistSoftware)

    Reset Doctor
    Genius
    Butler
    Phone Technician
    Power Hero (through Dan)
    Initiate
    Snoozy

    Alex Pruss

    FontSmoother
    NVBackup
    FastLaunch
    CleanStart
    Many others

    Jan Slodicka (Resco)

    Resco Explorer
    Resco Backup
    Resco Viewer
    Resco News
    Resco Soduku
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions