Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been searching the threads here and can't find if its actually possible to play flash movies on the Centro. If so, could someone just point me in the riht direction.

Thanks!
    There is no flash player on the Centro (or most any phone available today).
    Flash video can be played using the included Kinoma player.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cor...t_Media_Player

it works, but is tiny.

Not sure if it will play flash though, but other movies do work
    Sivan mentioned :the included Kinoma Player"....

On the Centro? How come I can't find the Kinoma icon? I have Kinoma videos on my T3 and would like to swap them to this device. Any help from cyber space?

Cheers, Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Kinoma is built in, so you can't launch it directly unless you install an updated version.

I don't know if it actually supports flash files though.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The built-in version of kinoma does not support flash video. The full version (v4X and later) does. Also, CorePlayer also supports flash video and has a built in youtube search.
    For general playback though, you can use TCPMP (coreplayer's predecessor) which is free (google for it) stable and supports plenty of formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    The built-in version of kinoma does not support flash video. The full version (v4X and later) does.
    Along with Flash Video playback and search, it's worth noting that Kinoma Player also supports YouTube feeds, and that enables some really cool functionality.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/08/secre...ube-bookmarks/

The built-in Kinoma Media Guide comes with lots of YouTube feeds built-in.

Since you have a Centro, you'll want to take advantage of an excellent upgrade opportunity as well.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/10/how-t...rade-discount/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 05/09/2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Thanks Charles! I DID IT! - Upgraded that is! Got to see my you tube vids on my centro now! Way cool! Now to see if I can save them on the MSD for fast viewing.

Cheers!
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Along with Flash Video playback and search, it's worth nothing that Kinoma Player also supports YouTube feeds, and that enables some really cool functionality.
    I think thats worth more than nothing!
    I have AT&T it does not have a built-in Kinoma. How can I get the free one so I can Up-Grade?
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Along with Flash Video playback and search....

-- Charles Wiltgen

I'm sorry... where in Kinoma is Flash Video search? I only see Youtube and Google video search... what am I missing?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I think thats worth more than nothing!
    Ha! Typo fixed, thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm sorry... where in Kinoma is Flash Video search? I only see Youtube and Google video search...
    Ah, I see what you're saying...it might've made more sense if I said, "Flash Video playback and integrated multimedia search".

But yes -- YouTube and Google Video are the two primary sources for Flash Video on the web today. If you have another site in mind, feel free to ping me. We can investigate whether thay provide the necessary web services to allow integration with Kinoma Player.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I have AT&T it does not have a built-in Kinoma.
    Based on your signature it looks like you have a Centro, and Kinoma Media Embedded in built into all Centro smartphones.

Here's how to take advantage of the upgrade discount: http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/10/how-t...rade-discount/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Thanks Charles! I DID IT! - Upgraded that is! Got to see my you tube vids on my centro now! Way cool!
    Cool, thank you for upgrading! If you ever need help, we also have a community forum, and I have links to our blog and our Twitter presence in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Now to see if I can save them on the MSD for fast viewing.
    I hear that here are sites that allow you to do this, and that it's possible to use them to download FLVs that you can put on your SD card. I can't recommend any, but I imagine that they're pretty easy to find.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you check some of the other forums you'll see that if you want to watch dvd's it is probably best to use Fair Use software and TCPMP, which are both free.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    I have AT&T it does not have a built-in Kinoma. How can I get the free one so I can Up-Grade?
    you do have it, its just not visable in any launcher. try going to m.youtube.com and selecting a video to watch. you'll see it then
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Which version of coreplayer does the Treo use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachj View Post
    Which version of coreplayer does the Treo use?
    all of them work for the treo

The latest version of CORE player v 1.2.4 supports Adobe FLV Container Videos,F4V file extension..
    full details can be found here...
    Personally I prefer Core player over Kinoma, but that just me.

http://coreplayer.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast