1.    #1  
    any backup software suggestion for Palm Centro. Any MSN software for Palm Centro
    nvbackup
    Add to NVBackup - Resco Backup. Ben
    Resco can be found here, www.resco.net.
    backupbuddy from blue nomad has saved me several times when travelling. works great! the tech support is also great!
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post

I've used this one for several years.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I use Rescoe Explorer. Yes, it has Backup function built in so you really don't need Rescoe Backup. Rescoe Explorer is one of the most powerful file management tools I have ever seen. I have been using it for years on all my Palm devices and now on my shiny new Centro. I have actually had to use the Restore function and it works flawlessly unlike some other backup programs I have read about.

Backup to RAM or external card
    File Move, Copy, Rename, etc.
    File Zip and Unzip!
    Manipulate file associations and more...

P.S. I am new to this forum, but I have been using Palm OS devices for years.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the suggestion
    I don't know why will anyone pay for those other backup apps when NVBackup does it for free and works flawlessly. At least on Treos (I don't use a Centro).
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfyn View Post

P.S. I am new to this forum, but I have been using Palm OS devices for years.

ELFYN WELCOME!!

You will find invaluable info here! I've been a member for several years thru several Treos. Before calling Sprint Technical I always ask these guys to weigh in and 99% of the time I get the answers I need.

One bit of advice....BE SURE TO DO A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD because the vets here can be a bit grumpy when it comes to redundant threads.

Have fun surfing the threads.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    ELFYN WELCOME!!

Have fun surfing the threads.

K
    Thanks for the warm welcome and the warning. I will keep your advice in mind. I used to have a little forum (PalmForums.org) so I'm pretty familiar with the search function LOL. I've been reading this forum for a while now and I've discovered a few new tricks and mods as well as TreoLauncher (which I love). This seems like a lively and friendly place. I like it here.

Sorry for getting off topic...

Elfyn
    NVBackup allows you to export backups to FTP.

Can't recommend it enough.
    Often times the paid applications provide more options that do come in handy for some users. I personally like the options that Resco Backup provides and that is why I am willing to pay for an application that meets my needs. NVBackup does not meet the needs that I have.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    I don't know why will anyone pay for those other backup apps when NVBackup does it for free and works flawlessly. At least on Treos (I don't use a Centro).
    NVBackup as mentioned does the Internet thing. I suggest though that one be on the cautious side when considering a commercial product that backups up via IP - it costs them money to do the maintenance and sometimes they do not have the resources or commitment to keep the application rolling.

Ben
    I believe that Rescoe Backup Pro backs up to the internet. I realize you can do this with free software, as mentioned above, but sometimes the added features and support that you get with a "paid-for" product are worth the cost especially for something as important as backups.

Elfyn
    Additional features are basically the only reason to go for a paid backup app.

As far as reliability I have yet to see a problem with NVBackup in regards to backing up or restoring (selectively or full).
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Anyone know of a back up program which backs up to the internet rather than a card. This would help if you lost the treo.

I know Palm backup purports to do that, but it never actually worked with my Treo.
    There are a lot of software that allow to back-up on internet but most of then you must pay for them in order to use it .
    If you need this kind of software i recommend Dmailer Back-up (url : dmailer.com/dmailer-backup.html ) it has 3GB free for back-up online , if you need more than 3GB thye have some packets to buy.

Hope i've been of any help,