1.    #1  
    I absolutely love my Centro (actually gave up my WX for it and could not be happier). But one thing that does bother me is the fact that when you get a Calender alert, the vibration only Occurs for a short period of time. Also, the vibration is just not as intense as my last phone. I would appreciate any feedback/workarounds that anyone may have. Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    I suppose the lack of responses means there is no way to change this setting... someone could at least responded with such information...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Naw, we're just ignoring ya.....

Just kidding! I'm not positive, but I think if you go to Preferences, select Sound & Alerts, you can select how many times the alarm Repeats. I'm not positive if this affects how long it lasts, but you can test it. I see nothing that affects intensity of the vibrate.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I use Butler and use the Attention Grabber Nag me feature to nag me about missed alerts. One time is good enough for me. After a text message or a missed call, butler gives me an extra nag (vibrate+sound).
    I wanted my Centro to continue to nag me periodically if I missed a call, and found Attention Grabber. It can have the phone beep or vibrate periodically for missed alerts. It also can control the LED. Best part--It's freeware!

http://a1291762.blogspot.com/2005/09...n-grabber.html
    I'm with the OP, the vibrate is just not strong enough on this phone. It's my only gripe with it frankly, and a minor one at that.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I know this post is slightly off topic but that Attention Grabber program is really useful, and may be something a lot of Centro users are looking for. A simple app that has a choice of options; LED, vibrate and tone to nag for an alert. I havn't seen a program that does this yet for the centro.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Don't mean to necro a post. But rather then start a new one I did a search.

Has anything changed in the last couple months with this? Coming from a LG NV that would literally shake itself off my desk. The centro is just so underwhelming. I have missed calls because of this as well. At work I really cant just leave the sound on.

So has anyone found a way to extend the vibration?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjgmoney View Post
    I'm with the OP, the vibrate is just not strong enough on this phone. It's my only gripe with it frankly, and a minor one at that.
    I agree with you, I have come from a long line of Treo's and everything up to the Centro shook like a jack hammer. As far as I know, there is no way to increase the intensity of the vibration. I think they just put a weak unit inside the Centro.