1.    #1  
    Yesterday, i got an error about a program not being registered......I checked into and it seems my hot Sync Name has changed a few letters..

Dave ~~> Dafe

And now when I try to hot sync, it see the right name on the dialog box on my pc, but only gets to the documents to go section and then hangs. I have to pull the battery to reset...I have a hot sync from the 21th of last month, so should i just do a hard reset or is there another option...

Thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hmm...this is weird.

What is the program that isn't working? Also What version of Office are you using and what version of Hotsync are you using?
  3.    #3  
    Ringcare was the program that was not working, but after a reset it is...working...and my hot sync name got closer to what it should be but is still one letter off...I am running office 2003 and hotsync is 6.0.1.0 i think....This setup has worked since October...I dont know what happened....
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Well as for Documents to Go...It might be a document that is curropted that is causing the stall. Try removing or moving the files it syncs from your phone. See how that works for syncing. As for name...you could try this program to change the name....http://www.mulliner.org/palm/changename.php

However, I do a hard reset about ever 6 months anyways and then reinstall what I need. It does wonders for your phone. So if you still have problems it might be good to do that. You may have installed something that is tweaking your phone and haven't even realized it.