1.    #1  
    Here's my scenario:

I use M.S. outlook for my calendar, contacts, to-do, ect.

I want the ability to sync with my wife's calendar and contact list but I don't want to share my to-do list (who know's, her Christmas present might be on there).

What do people here do? What is 'your' perfect set-up?

I like the wesync.com situation but I'm not going to subscribe and pay for a service that I can accomplish myself for free.

Comments? Suggestions?

My wife does'nt have a PDA yet. However, in a couple of months she's going to want to get one and I want to be ready to sync with her schedule rather than one overwriting the other.

Thanks,

H Z
    If you use Datebk4, then you can sync categories of calander via IR. One catagory for her and one for you. This way, you each can choose when and if to display the others calander. Datebk4 is a great, great product! But, if all you want is the syncing, then it will be more than you are willing to pay (probably). I think it's about $25 per handheld.

As for the contacts, you might be able to use the "file sync" feature, but I don't know how well it works. One Palm will have to be the master each time (over the long run, you will have to take turns).

If you only have on catagory that you want to sync, it's easier. For instance, my wife and I each have a category called Friends&Family (She never adds any, so I just Export/Import periodically, but we could sync using this method if I really wanted to.).

I could export that category to a file. When she syncs, she SHOULD take on any changes.

Then, she would have to export to the same file (overwriting it). When you sync, you SHOULD take on any changes.

Now, they should be synced up. Sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it?

Sounds like someone should write an application to do this, huh?

If you find something better, let me know!
  3.    #3  
    So your saying with datebk4 I can assign a category for any of my outlook calendar entries and then share or sync with my wife's based on the categories we choose to share... cool. I'll look into it.

Thanks

H Z
    Have you taken a look at what WeSync.com offers?
    He said he did but it is a free service AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
  6.    #6  
    I'm sure that wesync is usefull. However, i don't need anyone else having acess to my daily activities...

Looked into Datebk4 and it has the beaming categories that I like but way too big and complicated... I like it simple.

All I want to do is beam categories in datebook+... Is that too much to ask?

I guess I'll have to beam individual events for now.
    Originally posted by Hang Zen
    I'm sure that wesync is usefull. However, i don't need anyone else having acess to my daily activities...

Looked into Datebk4 and it has the beaming categories that I like but way too big and complicated... I like it simple....<snip>

at the risk of promoting heresy you could keep it even simpler, and resort to daily voice communication
  8.    #8  
    Are you kidding? That's more complicated than using Datebook3 or 4!
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=13449

Try this.

Looks like it will work for the addresses just fine.

Since the datebook doesn't have catagories, you will just sync the two calendars, though.
    Sorry to post such a simple question, but I can't even figure out how to beam simple appointments and events in Datebook+. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by knash2112
    Sorry to post such a simple question, but I can't even figure out how to beam simple appointments and events in Datebook+. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Datebook+ does not have a beam function. Use the regular Datebook application to beam. It share the same database with the Datebook+ application.