1.    #1  
    I'm using the trial sag on my phone with the jabra bt 8040 and it resets sometimes and pauses a lot. Is this how it usually works or is it my treo/headset? I love it wish it would work better on my tcpmp.I remember people saying certain versions work better than others if so which is perfect for the 755p.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Yep, once in a while it will reset on my 700P and both of my Centros.

Ben
    It doesn't really reset my phone by itself but sometimes I have to reset the phone manually because it won't connect to my head set.. but I think that mainly happens when I don't shut it down properly the time before.
  4.    #4  
    and when someone calls me the phone doesn't ring so if i'm not close to the phone i won't know if someone called me.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Do you have anything running in background? im email etc?

SAG taakes alot of processing power so anything going on in background will show up as a slight pause.

I use lightspeed to overclock when using sag and tcpmp and it helps alot.
    I'm on my 2nd day of use... pairing up took a couple of trys - getting the purple pairing light took reading the instructions (ugh.) Was dissapointed that I needed SAG. I am currently running the trial version. Got the music going - sweet!! It holds a connection pretty far from my 755P - which is good, too.

Now here' the not so good. Did microsoft make this? It's a memory hog. While playing music, if I get a call, it will not auto connect, and after said call, my treo soft resets. If I make a call, it soft resets. when I tried to take a picture, I got a 'not enough memory' message.

There were some breaks in the sound - but, that was livable. It sticks in my ear pretty good - survived both a girlie head shake and a hair brush - both positive points. Husband didn't complain about wind while I was driving with my top down like he does with my jabra 250v.. lots of good points there.

if someone could tell me what to do about the memory problem????
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I discovered when I shut down my Motorola S9 with SAG still running - my 755P goes into a reset loop. But then I started switching the SAG stream from A2DP to Internal Speaker PRIOR to whipping off & shutting down my headset and no more reset loops.

I had a habit of turning off my Motorola S9 as soon as I took them off to conserve battery power. Now I switch off SAG first - no problems since.
    Another thing, if one fails to shut down AG properly, i.e., go back to the internal speaker, it will also reset the device. I have it, should not have bought it, have gone through the resets and with it, I pay close attention to how I use it. In addition, I also lower its performance to reduce pauses.
    SAG is undependable in my opinion. Everyother time I use it, it makes my
    755p flip out. when it works, it's fine. otherwise, it's a crap shoot
    ~fredp

T3 > Treo650-VZW Custom ROM Transcend 8GB SDHC >> 755p-Sprint/SERO Transcend 4GB SDHC
    ok - so i'm listening to music... then get a call. call switched ok 1st time this am - steadily downhill from there. my 755 resets after the call, then the headset has to be manually rematched. I am soooo not liking this. I'm about ready to return it all.

Oh, and power is getting sucked a lot faster than I had hoped. I'm having to carry my ac cables and suck power whenever I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTreo View Post
    I discovered when I shut down my Motorola S9 with SAG still running - my 755P goes into a reset loop. But then I started switching the SAG stream from A2DP to Internal Speaker PRIOR to whipping off & shutting down my headset and no more reset loops.

I had a habit of turning off my Motorola S9 as soon as I took them off to conserve battery power. Now I switch off SAG first - no problems since.
    NeoTreo,

Although I have a Jabra BT8040 and a Sprint 755p, the only way to make it work properly for me 7 time out of 10 is to do the same as you. Shut down SAG to internal speaker FIRST, then I can either closeout/shutoff the Jabra BT8040 or simply tap the call button on the Jabra BT8040 so that the little headphone icon will come back and be as normal Bluetooth and Jabra ready to go - but only 7 times out of 10.

SAG doesn't actually soft reset my phone, but Bluetooth sometimes doesn't work properly (the 3 time of 10) and I have to manually reset the phone.

SAG IMHO isn't really stable when you use it with TCPMP, SlingPlayer, or anything that has video AND audio, the video keeps up but skips frames to do so. For audio only from any app works as it should with the exception that Kinoma paid version has problem with mp3's for me although Kinoma podcast work good.

My feeling is that the combo of SAG and audio/video makes the 755p run out of breath because of lack of processing power. Others might have better luck, but for the amount that I use it, it doesn't bother me so much, but if it were more stable, I might use it more.

Bottom line for me - better than nothing if I want to use wireless Bluetooth for audio PocketTunes etc., because what other choice is there?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yep, bottom line is "SAG or nothing".

There's no alternative software out there? yet.
    I've tried various versions of SAG and you just have to use the right one. With my Motorola HT820 there are no problems if I use only it. Unfortunately, the 820 covers both ears so that's not possible in the car. If I use the Jabra8040, I get resets occasionally. I've found that if I stop the program that I'm listening to, then go to internal speaker, it works most of the time.

When I stick with just the HT820, I don't get resets. I've gotten resets since getting the Jabra 8040, but I don't have problems picking up calls or have to switch when I'm in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTreo View Post
    Yep, bottom line is "SAG or nothing".

There's no alternative software out there? yet.
    LOL on the grab your ankles....how true.

Hopefully it will get better in the next POS - btw SAG has a new rev out v1.22 - I am still using v1.21 myself - I'll wait for more response to those testing v1.22 - as SAG is such a pain to upgrade, I wish it were a simple install of new over old
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    The beta version of 1.22 is alot better than the 1.21. I counldnt connect with that one at all.

The 1.22 version seems better than the 1.20 version but still has its hiccups. Hopefully it will be out of beta soon and bring back a betterSAG experiance