1.    #1  
    I have finally got my 700p (verizon) somewhat stable with quite a few apps installed, but still get the annoying 700p 'keys don't respond for 20 seconds' feature and occassional reset and wierd Bluetooth behaviors.

Looking for comments from VERIZON users (because each phone company does their own damage) that have moved from 700p to 755p and if they are happy about it.

My cruising these forums makes me think the answer will be mostly YES, but curious. If I had my druthers I would just upgrade the ROM... I have no problem with the form factor, actually kinda like it. And I have a ton of cases and other accessories and SD cards.

I will be able to get my new2 discount in august.
    Um, I have. The 700P was the best and longest lasting Treo, until I upgraded to the 755. This unit is by far the best I've ever used. Search around a bit. There are plenty VZW centric discussions along the lines of your inquiry. Go for it!
    I love my vzw 755p it works great!
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    I made the switch as soon as the phone was in the store. I have not looked back since. I love the 755p. Although it really isn't significantly smaller or lighter it feels as if it is. My phone has been very stable. I don't think that I have had any random resets. I would make the switch. You won't be sorry.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I made the switch 3 days ago. So far so good. All apps transferred without problem except Teal Lock which requires re-installation. I'm waiting a while to do that.
    I still have 700p hardware with Sprint 755p ROM update loaded. Everything works great, except for MMS. If fixed the super annoying DTMF tone bug in the Verizon 1.10_ ROM, plus it runs faster and more smoothly. You may want to try the update to see if it fixes your problem. I have posted Verizon specific instructions here
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I had an original (early production) Verizon 700p that was purchased in May 2006. This was one of the worst Palm OS devices I've ever had, 2nd only to the LifeDrive. Its digitizer went out and it was replaced in July/August '07. The FRU unit that replaced it was basically the same but had a dimmer LCD and a louder earpiece. Its digitizer went out and it was replaced in January of this year. Even with the exact same software load onboard and the 1.10 ROM, this 3rd 700p had less lag and better voice performance than either of the earlier 700p's. I suspect Palm made some subtle hardware changes sometime during the middle of the 700p's production run.

Nevertheless, I hesitantly got a 755p in February and have not looked back. While the 755p still leaves much to be desired as a phone, it has better performance and stability in day to day usage than any of the 700p's did but it's still definitely not up to the level of the Centro. The 755p's main improvement is the sleeker formfactor and the rubberized paint. My 755p also has a louder earpiece, louder speakerphone and much better build quality. The 755p's LCD also has richer, deeper colors but is a bit dimmer. I am not a fan of the reduced capacity battery or the flimsy stock stylus but an order from Seidio took care of all of that. I just wish it had a fullsize SD slot, though.

What do I miss from the 700p on the 755p? The slightly larger keys, the fullsize SD/SDHC slot, and the higher capacity battery. The 755p's Seidio 2200mAh battery still doesn't last as long as the larger 2400 or 2600mAh versions in the 650/700 series. Oh, and the reset button underneath the battery door.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by drumtrucker View Post
    I have finally got my 700p (verizon) somewhat stable with quite a few apps installed, but still get the annoying 700p 'keys don't respond for 20 seconds' feature and occassional reset and wierd Bluetooth behaviors.

Looking for comments from VERIZON users (because each phone company does their own damage) that have moved from 700p to 755p and if they are happy about it.

My cruising these forums makes me think the answer will be mostly YES, but curious. If I had my druthers I would just upgrade the ROM... I have no problem with the form factor, actually kinda like it. And I have a ton of cases and other accessories and SD cards.

I will be able to get my new2 discount in august.
    My 700p died and I got a 755p. After 2 days, I really like:
    1) Smaller and lighter, no antenna stub
    2) Much better audio, both handset and speakerphone
    3) Much better reception, I live in a valley, usually no svc on the 700p, but the 755p is fine!
    4) Worried about the smaller battery, can't comment on it yet though.
    5) Nicer feel with the rubbery case.
    6) Glad all my accessories are 100% except the fatter 700p batts.
    7) No issue with any app migration. I just changed my Hotsync conduits all to "desktop overwrite device" and all was great. I did have to manually transfer the "unsaved preferences" file, Hotsync wouldnt over-write it for some reason.
    8) You need a mini-SD now, the 700p had the regular SD.

Bob