1.    #1  
    I did a search of the Forum and came up empty-handed so forgive me if there has already been a thread on this topic.

Does anyone know how to purge/clear the drop-down list of recent contacts in the Messaging app?

Thanks for any help....
    You can't. It stores the last 10 names/numbers that you text. There is one way... a "Hard Reset" and start over.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    But there is a way, if you don't mind dirtying your hands a bit... use FileZ (or similar) and deleta the file "SMS Quicklist" from RAM.
    Yea, Ive looked for this too..gotta hide the evidence if you know what i mean

j/k...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    But there is a way, if you don't mind dirtying your hands a bit... use FileZ (or similar) and deleta the file "SMS Quicklist" from RAM.
    Um....I have a better solution that is almost indetectable...

I use an old file stored in BackupMan to REPLACE the messaging list, so it isn't so obvious when a snooper comes-a-snoopin.

First you have to establish a messaging list that is benign. Then do a manual backup to BackupMan. This file set will be saved for future use, until you delete it. (you may want to rename the file set so you can remember it later)

Now whenever necessary, go into BackupMan do a "Restore Individual Files" and choose "AddressingLibRecent".

Viola~~your old messaging list is now replaced with one that has no hidden dangers

K
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    Um....I have a better solution that is almost indetectable...

I use an old file stored in BackupMan to REPLACE the messaging list, so it isn't so obvious when a snooper comes-a-snoopin.

First you have to establish a messaging list that is benign. Then do a manual backup to BackupMan. This file set will be saved for future use, until you delete it. (you may want to rename the file set so you can remember it later)

Now whenever necessary, go into BackupMan do a "Restore Individual Files" and choose "AddressingLibRecent".

Viola~~your old messaging list is now replaced with one that has no hidden dangers

K
    Well now that's thinking! Is this BackUpMan a share/freeware? Where can it be purchased?

Thanks to all for your input!
    Quote Originally Posted by NellieRose View Post
    Well now that's thinking! Is this BackUpMan a share/freeware? Where can it be purchased?

Thanks to all for your input!
    Its not free, I've had it so long can't remember how much it was. I included the link in my initial post. Click the underlined BackupMan.

K
    I use an old file stored in BackupMan to REPLACE the messaging list,
    Er... why do you need a back-up utility in-between... just save your "safe" list to SD card, and copy it back... Or am I missing something crucial?
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Er... why do you need a back-up utility in-between... just save your "safe" list to SD card, and copy it back... Or am I missing something crucial?
    Ingenious solution!

I have BackupMan so I've just always relied on that but I can't see why your way wouldn't work too.

K
  10.    #10  
    Its not free, I've had it so long can't remember how much it was. I included the link in my initial post. Click the underlined BackupMan.

K
    Sorry, I didn't see that on my 1st read thru. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    How would you "copy it back"?

I appreciate the help....
    Quote Originally Posted by NellieRose View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see that on my 1st read thru. Thanks.

How would you "copy it back"?

I appreciate the help....
    Use FileZ or Resco Explorer
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Use FileZ or Resco Explorer
    Thank you.