1.    #1  
    On my work computer i installed palmdesktop. I sync my phone, but none of my photos are being backed up. Isn't there supposed to be a icon on the right hand side of palmdesktop called media?

thanks
    yes.

you have to use the desktop from the cd, the downloaded ones don't have media -- maybe the newest one for vista has it though. I haven't read the release notes.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Extra conduits are not included in any downloadable version of Palm Desktop as each device model may have different versions and combinations of non-PIM applications. You must use the original install CD.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the info! my buddy has the cd, and he has a treo 680. would thaty work, or is it "attached" (serial number) the his phone only?
    Yes, unfortunately the downloads from Palm.com do not include the media portion of Palm Desktop. However, here is a helpful post that could be very useful for you:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107348

These full disk downloads include the media portion, just like on the CD.

Hope this helps!
  6.    #6  
    i used that, and now it has my media backed up. thanks!!!!!