Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i just took my dead 650 back (sprint) and was given a centro. so far, i freakin love it.

what i think is so stupid though, is that if i want to hear it ring using ringtones, it pretty much better be laying on it's frontside.

that and no pcs bizconn. i'm hating using versamail for work email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    that and no pcs bizconn. i'm hating using versamail for work email.
    You'd be surprised how well the Centro Versamail works with Exchange. Absolutely no problems, been using it for months with MS Push mail and remote address lookup. Still no nested mailboxes however. Memos and Tasks are synced directly with Outlook over BT.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You'd be surprised how well the Centro Versamail works with Exchange. Absolutely no problems, been using it for months with MS Push mail and remote address lookup. Still no nested mailboxes however. Memos and Tasks are synced directly with Outlook over BT.
    Been using it for a week now with Mail2Web Live (paid) - no issues whatsoever. Seems to be very stable so far.
    jbinbi -- if you like maneuvering the little arrow cursor in the Opera Mini browser, you will LOVE the BB-sized trackball on a Curve. Touchscreens are for people who just haven't learned patience.

BBigJ -- the only way you'll go three days w/o charging your Centro is if you turn it off and put it in a drawer. But keeping it charged in daily use is a pretty easy habit to acquire. Even if you never stop moving around, you can plug it into a USB port or a 12V socket in an automobile (needs an aftermarket cable, natch).
    I wanted to wait a while before I gave a full review, to get some real-use impressions. I was a Treo650 user for 2.5 years, relatively happy, but after using the Centro for a month I think it is the best Palm device yet. Most of it is due to higher-speed Sprint network that enables things not possible/bearable on my Verizon 650, but it's also more stable than my 650 ever was.

Kinoma EX4 is another big reason I enjoy my centro so much. I travel in my car often for work and listen to podcasts (through the car stereo) almost exclusively. The Centro has pretty much killed my iPod, since Kinoma streams my podcasts and I never have to worry taking my iPod out and about sycining. If you listen to a lot of podcasts Kinoma is reason alone I think to get a Centro/Treo -as long as you have a high-speed data plan.

Size kind of completes the trifecta, and might be my biggest Pro. I find myself doublechecking if my phone is in my pocket -- never an issue with the Treo.

Apps like Docs to Go, Google Maps integrated into ROM is nice, freeing up usable memory. Blazer seems more tolerable, but still lacking (Picsel browser, where art thou?)

Cons?
    The case is flimsy, but I'll trade a flimsy case for a ligher, smaller form factor any day. And I don't like the new button layout -- seperating the green button from the phone button effectively eliminated the menu key - mandating the new crappy placement in the bottom right. Why do we need two phone buttons?. And it's too easy to hit the mail button when hitting the home key.

Biggest con by far is battery life. My 650 could go 4 days of light use no problem. You'll be lucky to get a day out of the Centro. A lot of that is probably due to more data usage. Please Seidio or someone come up with a way for a better battery that doesn't change the form factor.
    Last edited by ColKurtz; 05/13/2008 at 06:10 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12