Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok, had my centro in my packet and something scratched the center of the screen. I know it has a built-in protector but how to I remove it and apply another?
    It's not really a removeable "screen protector".

More just like there is a hard plastic layer over the screen, kinda like the Nintendo DS.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    It's not really a removeable "screen protector".

More just like there is a hard plastic layer over the screen, kinda like the Nintendo DS.
    so basically i'm screwed?
    you can be the "guinea pig" for the rest of us. and take it back to the store and tell them you need them to change the built in screen protector for you.
    You might also contact palm, since they were the ones asleep at the wheel and
    decided to build in a screen protector , and they of all people should be able to switch it or tell you how.

If they can't (and unfortunately I doubt they can,) you may have to wait on a third party digitizer dealer to get inventory on the centro. I know their is a tiny bit of space between the built in screen protector and the digitizer, so in theory it should work ,as long as you have the replacement, which i suspect is little more than a plastic layer over the digitizer.

I have already scratched mine, luckily I had one of my old screen protectors on it, which is another potential "repair" possibility if the scratch is not too deep, sometimes once all the air is out from under it the screen protectors "mask" the scratches. I have a pocket pc i picked up at a pawn shop with a deep rut, that is for the most part passable now after putting a protector on.