1.    #1  
    I know this is a very basic question question: When you are on the phone and the automated system needs you to punch in the letters of a person's name to reach their extension how do you switch from the numbers on the keyboard to the alphabet?

Thanks.
    Doesn't letter dialing work according to the associated number?

i.e. 1 is a, b and c. I don't think they can recognize anything other than the tones anyways.
    yeah when ever your on a call thats asking that you still have to dial the number with the appropiate lettering.. there is no way for something like that to be able to use the keyboard and get the automated system to understand them.

Automated systems go off the tone of each number in order to register what letter you are intending. And since the rest of the keyboard do not make any tones there is no way to switch it like that.
    Right, if you call on a land line, you only have the number keys to dial in also. It is the same set up as Papped detailed.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    I know this is a very basic question question: When you are on the phone and the automated system needs you to punch in the letters of a person's name to reach their extension how do you switch from the numbers on the keyboard to the alphabet?

Thanks.
    Switch to the dial pad screen to see the numbers associated with the letter. Then you could use either the number hard keys or the dial pad (not sure if this works if you have the touchscreed disabled while on a call). Hope this is the answer you're looking for.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    good thinking ce. easier than counting on your fingers ...abc, def, ...etc.
    bb
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Switch to the dial pad screen to see the numbers associated with the letter. Then you could use either the number hard keys or the dial pad (not sure if this works if you have the touchscreed disabled while on a call). Hope this is the answer you're looking for.
    This has solved my dial by letter technique mystery! Thanks for everyone's assistance, especially CE who hit the bullseye. Hope this helps other users.