1.    #1  
    I have a fundamental question, I've been looking around for a long time and no answer ... maybe you can help, here is my problem :

has anyone found a way to automate glimmermail, ie autosync with hotmail every X minutes ?

if not, I know that glimmermail is made of C modules, is there a brave enough coder that would create a little auto-sync script that would call the receive mail funtion every other 15 minutes ...

come on the contest is launched :P
    That would be awesome for sure.
  3.    #3  
    come on we all pitch in a 2 bucks and the coder gets the cash !!!

+2 for me
    Only thing is that it should be a little smarter than "check every x mins".

i.e. it should not check during phone calls or incoming calls, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdazuelos View Post
    I have a fundamental question, I've been looking around for a long time and no answer ... maybe you can help, here is my problem :

has anyone found a way to automate glimmermail, ie autosync with hotmail every X minutes ?

if not, I know that glimmermail is made of C modules, is there a brave enough coder that would create a little auto-sync script that would call the receive mail funtion every other 15 minutes ...

come on the contest is launched :P
    This contest will probably shortlived given the bad news listed on Glimmer's website. I am still awaiting a reply as to what this means to users, but I suspect that this spells the end for Glimmermail as we have come to know it.

"Sun Room Software, LLC has taken GlimmerMail off the market due to Microsoft's plans to stop supporting the DAV protocol beginning June '08. We will continue to support our existing customers and apologize for this change in service."
  6.    #6  
    you're right ...
    and they must have posted this very recently, thursday I checked, it was not there ...

we must find a workaround ...

I tested seven, but it's sooooo slowing up the machine + it marks all the downloaded emails as read on the server ... dumb
    Not to mention its like 2mb. Rather hefty for 1 email account.
    I swear MS is just begging people to stop using crappy Hotmail...
    I found this for the PC...http://sourceforge.net/projects/getlive/

I havent tried it but I wonder if this could be ported to Palm?
  10.    #10  
    dunno but I ve tried the latest seven version 6.xx.1420 its' fairly stable, not using too much resources and not lagging the device at all ...

and it's free...

get here :
    http://beta.seven.com/downloads/sd_palm/SEVEN.prc

on the forums they say that the official beta will be out in fall for EMEA and early 09 for NA...

I hate hotmail, but all my contacts have this address... anyway....

to come back to getlive, we would need a hardcore coder to transport it into palm

and whatever we do, in 6 months, microsoft will change its protocole to prevent access of third parties, like they ve been doing for the past 10 years or so
    Hey guys,

This is Troy over at Sun Room Software, LLC. While we currently don't have official plans or a release date, we are very eager to develop an upgrade/re-design of GlimmerMail to support the new DeltaSync protocol that Microsoft is using. Due to the fact that the new protocol is vastly different than the old WebDAV protocol, a lot of work will have to be done. Our first priority will be to bring GlimmerMail back to its current functional state. After this, we hope to continue development and feature enhancements, but please be patient as it will take some time to implement this new plan.

Another issue that may come to light is Palm's plans of releasing a new Operating System for future palm-based devices. We like to try to be as forward thinking as possible and will take that into account as development begins. While our plan will be to support both platforms, this does complicate the issue.

Thanks for your support,
    Troy
    Manager, Sun Room Software, LLC
  12.    #12  
    Thanks very much Troy,
    I will stick to glimmermail in my heart, and wait for your updates,

in the meantime, don't hate me because I have no choice but using seven (less user friendly and not having as much possibilities as glimmermail)...

take care and good luck for the future developements

PS : if you are looking for UAT testers, requirements or stuff... I work in the industry too, do not hesitate

JD
    It appears that the June 30th cutoff date has been extended.

Microsoft has extended the deadline for being able to download Hotmail email through Outlook Express using the DAV protocol, previously it said that this wouldn't be possible after June 30th, when it planned to remove the link altogether.

The following notice was added to the Windows Live Hotmail Teams Blog on the 5th of May: "Recently, many customers received notification regarding Microsoft’s plan to disable the DAV protocol, which allows you to access your Windows Live Hotmail inbox from Outlook Express. From the feedback we received, it became clear that you needed additional time to evaluate alternative solutions and with this in mind, we are postponing the transition deadline previously announced. This means that you will continue to be able to access your Windows Live Hotmail accounts from Outlook Express beyond the June 30 transition deadline.

As Microsoft continues to evolve its products to meet your needs, we appreciate your feedback. This change to Outlook Express protocol is one such evolution and will allow for managing of multiple accounts and today’s large inboxes. We will update you on expected future changes and alternatives with enough advance notice to ensure a smooth transition."

They have yet to announce a new date when the DAV protocol will eventually be phased out.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/0...ink-to-hotmail