1.    #1  
    I am still trialling Chatteremail and love it so far. The battery drain is rather high and I was hoping to find advice on tuning Chatteremail's options to prolong the battery time.
    The drain is basically just due to the device having to stay awake more and the extra bit of juice needed to push bits back and forth. Chatter itself is very efficient.

So really the only way to do it is to obviously use Chatter's built-in mechanisms for lowering battery usage in the preferences, but also only put as many mail folders in online mode as necessary and then put the rest in offline sync mode and only sync them as often as necessary.

I've heard people syncing a few folders every 15m that only saw 3-4% battery usage an hour which is pretty decent. I had two folders online and 3 more syncing every few hours and would typically see 5-7% depending upon how much email I'm getting.

If you can, top off mid-day.. That always got me through with no sweat. Unplug in the morning, use the phone etc normally until my typical late lunch (12 or 1, sometimes 2.. heh) then leave it plugged in until I have another meeting. The Treo charges pretty fast, typically I'm only about 60% battery by that point so it only takes about 60-90 minutes so if I don't have another meeting for a few hours the phone is usually charged up by 3 or 3:30. Then it's good the rest of the night where I plug it in overnight.
  3.    #3  
    I only use the default of GMail Inbox in online mode. All other folders are not synced. I put it to sleep from 10pm to 7am and have the latency, updates to server and signal req'd for data settings set for lower power consumption (all asterisked). It's the other settings that are not obvious which I may need help with.
    My not so scientifc observation in this matter is - online with Gmail appears to consume power faster then online with FastMail.fm for approximately the same number of email downloads.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I was concerned about killing my 680's battery when I downloaded the app so I figured out the SMS notification system.

Try it, it sends a ghost sms to your Treo saying you have mail, then Chatter automatically logs into the net and syncs your mail, then logs off. It is amazing! I feel like an advanced BB user :P
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    my battery is fine. i have mine sent to quicksync only when asleep. update to server is fast. not sure if this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    I only use the default of GMail Inbox in online mode. All other folders are not synced. I put it to sleep from 10pm to 7am and have the latency, updates to server and signal req'd for data settings set for lower power consumption (all asterisked). It's the other settings that are not obvious which I may need help with.
    Nah, that's pretty much it.. Only real way to save battery power from here is to not use IDLE and QuickSync every 10-15m or so.

What kind of battery usage are you seeing? Is it much more than 5-6%/hr (assuming little other usage) ?
  8.    #8  
    Battery lasts around 40 hours with very few calls. Vibrate is off. Chatteremail sleeps for 10 hours.

What does the option 'Nudge for 30 seconds' mean?

What is SMS notification (with regards to push email) and does this work with GMail?
  9.    #9  
    Well my trial has ended and I am thinking seriously about buying ChatterEmail (CM). But the battery drain (and cost) make me wonder if it is worthwhile. Running the standard VersaMail application to check for mail every 30 minutes gives better battery life than running CM; checking every 15 minutes will run the battery down just as fast as running CM. What would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I was concerned about killing my 680's battery when I downloaded the app so I figured out the SMS notification system.

Try it, it sends a ghost sms to your Treo saying you have mail, then Chatter automatically logs into the net and syncs your mail, then logs off. It is amazing! I feel like an advanced BB user :P
    What SMS notification system???
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post

Can you give us some more details about how this works? Sounds awesome!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I switched from Snapper to Chatter...

My Centro has since become Sluggish and slow to refresh menu's and the like even outside of Chatter Emai. I know this is being caused by Chatter..how can I solve this problem?
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?