1.    #1  
    Has anyone successfully used an unlocked Palm Centro on TMobile?

After getting the subsidy unlock code for my AT&T Centro it still won't take a TMobile SIM. Palm says Centro only works with 3G SIMs and TMobile's are 2G.

I'm trying to find a way to verify if the Centro has actually been unlocked, (so I can take it overseas). It would help to know whether the claim that 2G sims won't work is accurate or not...
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    In Asia, all the Centro are unlocked. We are able to use either 2G or 3G sim card.
    I use a Centro on T-mobile. The model I purchased from eXpansys is "unlocked," but unlike yours it has never been locked. It works fine with whatever SIM T-mobile supplied me with. Hopefully that helps.
    I have successfully unlocked an ATT Centro and is working on T-Mobile.

However, the GPRS is not working correctly, but the SIM and data plan came from a Sidekick, so that might be why.

Everything else works.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    I have successfully unlocked an ATT Centro and is working on T-Mobile.
    Did AT&T supply the unlock code? The one they gave me says it's unlocked, but it still won't accept a TMobile SIM.

Anyway, with this new info from the above posts, I'm going to see how far I get with Palm tech support today ('cause I got nowhere with AT&T)...
    I have an unlocked Centro acquired from eXpansys in the UK and it works great on T-Mobile. I bought my wife an unlocked white Centro from Asia and hers also works great on T-Mobile. Both have had no problem with GPRS either.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    My unlock code is from a unlocking website, not from At&t.

However, the whole process took me less than 15 minutes to complete.

BUT, it's not free.... but good thing is that Centro should work with T-Mobile.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the GPRS to browse webpages.......I can only browse T-ZONES homepage currently...
    I'm still trying to figure out how to use the GPRS to browse webpages.......I can only browse T-ZONES homepage currently...
    Which T-zones plan are you currently signed up for? Earlier you mentioned you're on the Sidekick plan. If you've changed to the $5.99 plan, then you'll need to use a proxy. Just search online for information concerning the T-mobile proxy. If you're using the $19.99 plan, you shouldn't have a problem.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Has anyone successfully used an unlocked Palm Centro on TMobile?

After getting the subsidy unlock code for my AT&T Centro it still won't take a TMobile SIM. Palm says Centro only works with 3G SIMs and TMobile's are 2G.
    My wife uses an unlocked AT&T centro we bought on some major international auction site (because she wanted a white one which isn't yet available in Europe). She's using it on Orange Switzerland and everything works as advertised, including GPRS.
    The unlocked ones should work on any GSM provider world-wide - perhaps your unlock-code didn't work properly?

dakis
  10.    #10  
    Yep, I finally found out what the problem was. Apparently the instructions AT&T gave to unlock the phone were INCORRECT. (The code itself was correct though.)

You must do the unlock procedure while a NON-AT&T SIM is in the device for it to work. (Their instructions incorrectly state you should insert your AT&T SIM, which will NOT successfully unlock the AT&T Centro).

I just followed the unlock procedure with a T-Mobile SIM inserted, and my Centro is now unlocked...
    So those of you on TMobile using this phone- how did you configure internet and pic mail settings to work properly with TMo? I'm using it on AT&T but my friend (on Tmo) fell in love with my Centro and wants to make sure everything will work on her network before she buys one. Also, where did you buy them? You've said from Asia & so, but what website? Thanks for any/all info.
    Never changed anything it reads them from the SIM
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

oh nice. thanks.

that still leaves the other question open thoug - what website were yall buying yours unlocked from?
    try ebay
    Treo 800w
    They are easy to unlock from centrounlock.com $19 and about 5 minutes to do it yourself.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hey guys, so I ordered my att centro from ebay and its unlocked...so when tmobile changes my blackberry plan to the tmobile unlimited data (unlim web, data, text) everything else will work fine right? I will be able to view youtube vids and play the nintendo games, etc.?? do any features NOT work because im guna be using it with tmobile and also, will i be able to view tzones?

a few questions, but i appreciate it if you help me out!

when is the centro coming to tmobile dammit!! haha
    The T-Mo sim card from my 650 does not fit the space for a sim card on the Centro. Can anyone suggest a solution?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    You're not trying to put the SIM in the MicroSD slot, are you? The SIM slot is underneath the battery and is a standard size SIM slot.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    The T-Mo sim card from my 650 does not fit the space for a sim card on the Centro. Can anyone suggest a solution?
    Thx.
    I got an unlocked AT&T Centro for Christmas. I did have a little difficulty at first fitting the sim card in. It DOES fit, but is a bit "fiddly" to get in right.

I do have a problem with my MicroSD card slot. It works, but it is very VERY difficult to get the card in so that it both stays and registers with the phone. It seems like it doesn't "click in" like it should, and doesn't pop back out like it should. I took it out the other day, and struggled for 10-15 minutes trying to get it in. My wife finally took it and managed it, but I sure had trouble with it.

Other than the MicroSD slot, though, everything works great on it. I love the voice dialing that I never had with my 600 or 650. I need to load the ROW custom rom to get rid of all the non-working AT&T crap.

Good luck with yours.

Scott
    Got it figured out a couple of days ago...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad