Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I want to buy my wife a Centro. But the problem is, available GSM colors (black or white) are dull, so i wanted to give her a red one. But red Centros are CDMA only, and useless here in Europe.

So I had this idea - buy a broken red Centro, rip off the hardware out of it, and then buy a GSM Centro and put its hardware into it. I am wondering if this will work? Or are the interiors so different that swapping the hardware will not be possible (for example, because there are some screws placed in different places)?
    i'm not sure...i'd love to know though...i'd love a pink centro. my white isn't that bad but pink...ooh...
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Where does the sim card go? That may be the only difference.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    if you swap all internal components the phone wil work but like above the sim card cutout that you slide the card into may not be there on cdma versions i would check that first
    I think the easiest way is to get a black or white Centro and buy a nice color case or use skin (www.skinit.com). Then we don't need to spend extra money to buy a phone and both phones warranty are voided.
    The SIM card is inserted under the battery and beneath the stylus in a very difficult to get at slot. But then once it is in, there is no problem. So, if you are replacing the guts and all, you should have nary a problem.

Now the SD card location might be different and I am wondering if that is what they are questioning.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    OK, the SIM card question is a valid one - as i see, the GSM cover has a slot for SIM card but the CDMA cover probably does not. Arghhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    OK, the SIM card question is a valid one - as i see, the GSM cover has a slot for SIM card but the CDMA cover probably does not. Arghhh.
    Please point out where you see an external slot for the SIM card on a GSM Centro. It is underneath the battery on the inside.

Geesh, what is wrong with you folks?

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"