1.    #1  
    I've got a 755P with Sprint sevice and the phone has slowed wayyyy down. The white screen appears for long periods and doesn't always switch from one application to another very quickly. I've just got a new 4gig miniSD card (class 4) so that should help speed up my applications which run from the card. I was wondering what's the best way to get a printed copy of all the applications which are running from the Treo and which are running from the card. For example; if I open a PDF file and Adobe PDF reader is in the the built in memory (RAM) and reading from the card, would it be just as fast to run the application from the card also therefore freeing up more RAM for the actual processing? How do I print out a copy of the apps on both the card and the RAM to decide which I want to reinstall onto the card instead of in RAM. (Just cut and paste from my hot-sync manager?)
    I want to do a clean reset and reload to see if I can get the speed back again. I want to get rid of the orphaned files and old bits and pieces of failed programs to try to stabilize while I'm restoring the good programs, contacts, calender, and media. The phone used to be a lot faster and I realize that I've slowed it down with junk! Thanks for any help!
    Sounds like the slowdown is from apps using up your dbcache and dynamic memory though. You can use something like CleanStart to specify which apps are notified of a soft reset. Then the apps that aren't basically aren't run at all.
    Well a palm phone is exactly like a normal pc after lots of use and time they tend to start slowing down.. my suggestion is to get a backup program and then do a full backup to a card and then do a hard reset and just start installing your stuff back from the backup.. I do this about once every 3-4 months and always speeds the phone right back up.

About your running applications question I would invest in a program called Safeguard. It will tell you with a little icon of a running man which programs are running in the background plus it will tell you if you have any apps that are likely to cause resets by not locking themselves into the background properly. I use it constantly to troubleshoot slow downs and resets.
    I use a couple of methods to keep the device from slowing down too much.

Email and attachments are stored on sd card. Games are run with Powerrun from the SD card. Also the fact that I use a very lightweight launcher helps prevent slowdown quite a bit in general.

Cleaning house like syphex mentioned can always help if things are slow, particularly if you install and remove apps a lot.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the answers so far.
    I've got a backup program which has backed up my Treo on its 2gig card but now I wanted to replace that card with a 4gig SDhc to help speed up and I'm trying to figure out if I should copy the info onto the new card by drag and drop or Hard reset first, then restore the Treo then put the programs back on the card one at a time. I know that without a SDhc card reader that I'm facing a pretty fair amount of time just putting my mp3's back on the card. Also do ringtones as individual preferences slow down the phone enough to be a problem. I know that certain converted ringtones seem to take a while to start ringing and wonder if this is also a problem. On another note what is the Addit sever which connects online when I sync my Treo... This seems to be an unwanted connection that I didn't have with my 600 and 650 Treos. Any of this bloatware that I can get rid of or disable?
    You can disable addit from syncing in the Hotsync preferences, although it will still be there.

If the ringtones are slow to load on your sd card you could try using minitones to put them on the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Well a palm phone is exactly like a normal pc after lots of use and time they tend to start slowing down.. my suggestion is to get a backup program and then do a full backup to a card and then do a hard reset and just start installing your stuff back from the backup.. I do this about once every 3-4 months and always speeds the phone right back up.

About your running applications question I would invest in a program called Safeguard. It will tell you with a little icon of a running man which programs are running in the background plus it will tell you if you have any apps that are likely to cause resets by not locking themselves into the background properly. I use it constantly to troubleshoot slow downs and resets.
    Thanks for the support. One additional feature that was added in the last release was a performance tracker. There is a new menu option in the Active Apps screen that will tell you performance figures for every event notification that has been used on your device. With this information, you can track down specific speed issues on your device. Is it slow turning on? Look for the 'lazy' and 'worm' event notification times. Then search for the applications that use those notifications. No other application has ever given you this type of performance reporting on Palm devices.

Jeff