1. tsy
    I recently experienced a soft reset while trying to answer a call. No other app was running. Has happened about 3 -4 times. Annoying as calls were important. Anyone have similar issues?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have been having this problem for the last couple days. It was a skinning program for the phone app. I just turned off the skinning app for the phone only (leaving it on for everything else) and it fixed it. Install any new apps.? Its usually the best place to start.
    SkinUI can cause this if you are running it.

Disable "Big Buttons" and it will fix it without having to disable SkinUI entirely.
  4. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

Disable "Big Buttons" and it will fix it without having to disable SkinUI entirely.
    I am running palmrevolt.... and also use zlauncher
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

Exactly my issue and fix!!!
    I just happened to glance at forums, this is my exact problem, happened twice today. I disabled Big Buttons, waiting for someone to call me to see what happens.

Since SkinUI was free, and TakePhone was cheap, I bought and loaded both this weekend.

Could they cause any other blips in phone? I also plugged in headphones for PTunes, it sounds horrible, played on Speakerphone, horrible - sounded like what I did to my speakers in college. Checked card, plays fine on computer.
    Sounds just like blown speaker, not normal headset problem of no volume.
    I have takephone and skinui with no issues, but I also don't use headphones.

Easy to check though.

-NVBackup, backup your phone.
    -Hard Reset
    -Test ptunes playback (speaker and headphones)

If it still sounds bad it's got nothing to do with those apps. Since both your headphones and speakerphone sound bad though, it might be a hardware problem not related to the speaker, unless you blew the headphones AND the speakerphone.
    Thanks for suggestion. I had already done all the above with no change.

Got a call, now works fine, so this was very helpful - why I LOVE this forum!

I decided to listen to my Ringtones - mused Minitones. They play fine, no static, just PTunes with headphones or without on speakerphone.

That is wierd
    Did you try reinstalling pTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I just happened to glance at forums, this is my exact problem, happened twice today. I disabled Big Buttons, waiting for someone to call me to see what happens.

Since SkinUI was free, and TakePhone was cheap, I bought and loaded both this weekend.

Could they cause any other blips in phone? I also plugged in headphones for PTunes, it sounds horrible, played on Speakerphone, horrible - sounded like what I did to my speakers in college. Checked card, plays fine on computer.
    Sounds just like blown speaker, not normal headset problem of no volume.
    Dimitry posted a new Treo friendly version of SkinUI over the weekend that doesn't have the phone reset problem and minimizes the nags. Just an FYI
    Hmm I don't see a new version posted anywhere.
    This might be what I downloaded, I did it Friday. I had a previous version, had deleted it, had no problems. Now I have Version 2.2.0.0.

No, I didn't try to delete and reinstall PTunes. I have V4.0.6 that came on phone. Don't know how to do this and then get it back. I had everything backed up when I did hard reset. Is it worth a
    2.2.0.0 is just the version that SkinUI became freeware. I haven't seen a newer version around anywhere.
    Found the 2.2.0.1 version. I don't think it fixes the big buttons issue though, they are just disabled by default.
    how does skinui perform as compared to palmrevolt.. I used to use skinui but found it slowing my phone down and caused several crashes... is this freeware version stabler than palmrevolt now? Thanks!

refer to :http://discuss.treocentral.com/archi.../t-120538.html
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"