Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    where do you want the cheese shipped since you have a lot of wine already?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    FYI, a metallic silver Sharpie matches the centro silver color almost perfectly. I fixed my worn spot that way FWIW.
    thanks that works for me
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    where do you want the cheese shipped since you have a lot of wine already?
    ill pm you my adress i love cheese

ps got to lxforums.com if you havent already world of knowledge for 300's

say that cm2005300 referred you
    This is not a major issue. A major issue is the fact that you can't update the PRL seemingly at all on a Centro
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    This is not a major issue. A major issue is the fact that you can't update the PRL seemingly at all on a Centro
    yes i know i apologize it is not a mjor issue just a minor one and sorry i dont have a solution for your other issue
  6. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurra6745 View Post
    yes i know i apologize it is not a mjor issue just a minor one and sorry i dont have a solution for your other issue
    Not a design flaw. Its so that the speaker is not muffled by being placed flat on surface. Its even more refined in the GSM versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileuser View Post
    And believing that "paint should not wear off" is ludicrous. Paint will essentially always "wear off" given enough rubbing and time. It will even wear off over the years underneath the best case one can get, if one handles and uses the device over a sufficiently long time (with my T650 it was ~ 1 yr for paint to start wearing off under the case, which was lined with that nice soft stuff).

I will venture to guess that they use paint in order to have fine-grained control over color, luster, "feel" et al -- for the showroom experience. I'll bet that long-term robustness was somewhat further down their priority list. Most folks will replace the device in a year or two in any case.
    They use paint because it is cheap (A thin strip of Aluminum would acheive a superior visual effect). At least they haven't covered the whole phone with silver paint (like they did with the AT&T 650). OTOH they have used siler paint on the main phone buttons where it is certain to wear off.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm actually not sure if the paint will wear off on the buttons, at least for me. I greatly appreciate the new design. With the three (or was it four?) Treo 650's I've had, the paint on the buttons started wearing off after a week. It's been about a month now, and my buttons still look brand new. My fingernails never come in contact with the new button form factor at all anymore.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    FYI, a metallic silver Sharpie matches the centro silver color almost perfectly. I fixed my worn spot that way FWIW.
    Ahhh! what a great idea.
    I went from a black Centro to Pink, the Pink had the new ramped speaker and wore off the silver paint in that area in less than 2 months. I wasn't a happy girl.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I'm actually not sure if the paint will wear off on the buttons, at least for me. I greatly appreciate the new design. With the three (or was it four?) Treo 650's I've had, the paint on the buttons started wearing off after a week. It's been about a month now, and my buttons still look brand new. My fingernails never come in contact with the new button form factor at all anymore.
    I have had my Centro a few days and I already have signs of wear around the end button cut out. My 650 took a while before the buttons started to wear (but the bezel paint wore off at one corner thanks to the palm holster).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12