1.    #1  
    I found a podcast that causes resets with Kinoma. Just plain old MP3, works everywhere else, including pTunes.

Sent the file to Kinoma, was told that they don't support "non-standard" 48k bit rates. 48k bitrate is a standard bit rate, but to no avail. They told me to try to re-encode the files with Kinoma Producer($) to a higher(!) bit rate. That's too much work for something that should just work as advertised.

Anyone else running into arbitrary MP3s that don't work on Kinoma?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Sent the file to Kinoma, was told that they don't support "non-standard" 48k bit rates.
    I haven't see the support case, but calling 48kbps "non-standard" for MP3 files is incorrect. I'm sorry you were told that, and for the subsequent advice you were given.

An engineer has been looking that this file, but it's too soon to know what's up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Anyone else running into arbitrary MP3s that don't work on Kinoma?
    If so, we'd love to know about them. Any MP3 file that works with other players (PC, Palm OS or otherwise) should also work with Kinoma Player.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 04/24/2008 at 12:00 PM.
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  3.    #3  
    Has there been any progress on this?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700