1.    #1  
    I bought the AT&T Centro, and they were gracious enough to give me the unlock code since I travel overseas and need to use other local SIMs. I followed the instructions and it said my phone was now unlocked.

BUT, I tried inserting a friend's TMobile Sim, and my Centro showed an error saying the device could not use that SIM. So it must not really be unlocked.

I called AT&T (over an hour with 3 levels of tech support) and they insist that I was given the correct unlock code. I followed he instructions precisely and it said the phone was unlocked... but again it's not working with a non-AT&T Sim.

Anyone have a clue what the problem might be??
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    They gave you the wrong unlock code, no matter what they tell you.
    Call back, and insist. BE PERSISTENT.
    Ask for a replacement, and see where that gets you.
    They did this with me, and I called the High End Warranty replacement. I asked for a replacement, since my phone would not work with a TMobile Sim after they gave me the unlock code.
    Minutes later, they provide me with another unlock code which then worked.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    Well the same thing is going on with my wife's Centro which is on a separate account from her work. Is it really possible they would make a mistake like this twice? They seem pretty insistent that the code is right...

Anyway, I was talking with Palm tech support and they said the issue was likely that it was not a 3G SIM. I'll have to check that out to be sure...
    They insisted the code was right for my 650, and I had them verify my IMEI.
    It was when I asked for a replacement that they all the sudden had a code for me to try.
  5.    #5  
    With the wrong code they gave you, did it still pop up a window saying the "lock has been successfully removed"?
    No matter what you type in, that message will come up. Don't keep trying it, as the phone will permanently lock after something like 4 or 5 times.
    I have a similar problem, but not with a Centro. I purchased a Motorola Z9 and called to get it unlocked. I entered the code twice but it did not work. We called again and got the same code. It still did not work. We then called a different phone number (the international dept) and was told we would get the code emailed to us.

I just received the email a few minutes ago, but it's still the same code.

I'm at a loss as to why the code doesn't work.
  8.    #8  
    Well as I mentioned above, Palm tech support told me the Centro will ONLY work with a 3G SIM, and perhaps THAT was the issue....

So, I went over to a T-Mobile store to test it with their latest SIMs, and I discovered that TMobile is NOT on 3G yet. All their Sim's are only 2G. And I'm not aware of any other GSM carriers in the USA besides AT&T and TMobile to test whether my Centro has really been unlocked or not. So I guess I will never really know until I go overseas and try to use a European "3G" SIM.

Does anyone know about any other way from the US to verify whether or not the phone has truly been unlocked?
    Not correct. Palm OS cannot support 3G. My Centro works on plain vanilla 5 year old sim card.
  10.    #10  
    PROBLEM SOLVED!

After 5 different tech support calls, I found that the problem was that the instructions AT&T gave to unlock the phone were INCORRECT. (The unlock code however WAS correct.)

You must do the unlock procedure while a NON-AT&T SIM is in the device for it to work. (Their instructions say insert your AT&T SIM, which will NOT successfully unlock the AT&T Centro).

I just followed the unlock procedure with a T-Mobile SIM inserted, and my Centro is now actually unlocked!

YES!
    How to you use Blazer?

Everything about the Centro on T-mobile works except I can't surf the web other than the "T-Zones" crap homepage.
  12.    #12  
    Never tried the web... but my email was working. I don't have my friend's T-Mobile SIM to check with again. I was just so happy to finally get it unlocked! Sorry...