1.    #1  
    I'm nearly ready to toss the Centro at this point (Sprint service). I love the phone & it worked flawlessly for several months in syncing my address book & memos to Palm Desktop & my Groupwise calendar to Intellisync. Now for the last month very little works and 2 hours with Intellisync (taking over my computer remotely) and 2 hours with Palm produced no help. Both of them gave up & offered NO answers. I have the new version of Palm Desktop and the Memo feature syncs flawlessly. But the address book will not sync or even be recognized. I have fully removed all remnants of Palm, Intellisync, etc. from my computer at least 5 times & reinstalled & nothing changes. I finally decided to try to use a totally different computer that never had Palm Desktop on it but that has proven to work exactly the same - memo's sync but address book isn't recognized. Last nite I did a hard reset on the Centro but to no avail. What can I do??
    So if you do a hard reset and sync a new address database with a new computer it doesnt work?

Or are you doing a hard reset and then restoring your old address db?

If the old db is corrupted I would try using dbfixit or hard reset and re-enter the entries manually to keep the db fresh.

Considering it happens on a new PC it seems likely that something is up with the phone's db's rather than Palm Desktop itself.
    What are you doing with email? Are you using Exchange Active Server at all? That will not allow you to sync contacts, calendar, or tasks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    So if you do a hard reset and sync a new address database with a new computer it doesnt work?

Or are you doing a hard reset and then restoring your old address db?

If the old db is corrupted I would try using dbfixit or hard reset and re-enter the entries manually to keep the db fresh.

Considering it happens on a new PC it seems likely that something is up with the phone's db's rather than Palm Desktop itself.
    I did a hard reset & then beamed my address book from a backup device to my Centro & then tried syncing again - nothing. I did the hard reset thinking something on the Centro was messed up. But should it still be messed up after beaming my address book onto the Centro? I have tried to enter new addresses manually but they don't sync either. I have dbfixit and that hasn't "fixed it."
    Ok if you re-enter the address manually and it still happens then I really doubt it's a corrupted address db at all.

Are you usb syncing or is it bt?

Also, we should clarify what "not syncing" means. Does the address sync just not occur, or is there an error message? What does the Hotsync log say?

Maybe it's your hotsync settings on your phone?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    What are you doing with email? Are you using Exchange Active Server at all? That will not allow you to sync contacts, calendar, or tasks.
    I use Sprint's data plan & use a remote access to our business e-mail - Groupwise. As I said, things worked for 5 or so months flawlessly and now only memo's & to do's sync.
    Sort of obvious, but I would check on your phone, Hotsync>Conduit Setup and make sure Address is checked.

Likewise you want to check that on your PC hotsync settings.
  8.    #8  
    Ok if you re-enter the address manually and it still happens then I really doubt it's a corrupted address db at all.

Are you usb syncing or is it bt?

Also, we should clarify what "not syncing" means. Does the address sync just not occur, or is there an error message? What does the Hotsync log say?

Maybe it's your hotsync settings on your phone?
    I'm using usb. address book doesn't appear in the hotsync log - so no error message. I'm not sure what could be off on my phone hotsync settings??
  9.    #9  
    Sort of obvious, but I would check on your phone, Hotsync>Conduit Setup and make sure Address is checked.

Likewise you want to check that on your PC hotsync settings.
    Yes, it's checked in both places. Neither Intellisync nor Palm technicians have figured this out. Very frustrating.
    Pretty odd. I assume you aren't using an app that lets you assign different Hotsync ID's to different apps?

Also I would maybe try disabling Address in Conduit setup, hotsync, then re-enable, hotsync if you havent already. I doubt it would fix it but maybe it's not setting for some reason.
    Someone had a similar issue on the 700p, I don't know if this will fix it but it might be worth a shot.

Well, I finally got this thing to sync contacts by manually deleting all the contacts on the treo (saved them to the sd card), then manually entered them on the Palm OS desktop contact app, then synced with a desktop overrides handheld command and it worked. So, I'm guessing it was a bad contact on the treo side. I deleted the backup on the sd card and made a new backup to make sure I don't loose it again. Now on the getting bluetooth to work..
    Basically you set Hotsync on your PC to Desktop overrides phone. If the hotsync doesnt occur at all I don't know if this will work though...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    What can you tell me about Exchange Active Server?
    It's a corporate email\contacts\calendar synchronization system. If you are using that to syncronize the information to the corporate servers, do no longer have the option to sync to palm desktop or outlook. Outlook should be already syncing with your Exchange server. I forget where the option is to set that up in Versamail. I believe it is the only way to get Push email in versamail.
    Yeah thats true, if you have an email account setup as EAS, it overrides your address sync.

Chattermail can give you push (basically) with imap idle connection also. Sprint Mobile Email gives you push-like email with sms delivery.
  15.    #15  
    I am now syncing correctly in every area with both Palm Desktop 6.2 & Intellisync (syncing my Groupwise calendar). What it took ultimately was uninstalling Palm Desktop, reinstalling it, creating a new user name, doing a hard reset on the Centro, syncing & then reinstalling a lot of stuff. I backed up my huge address book on someone's unused Treo 650 & was able to beam it to my Centro & everything is now working. MAJOR, MAJOR hassle but it is working. I wish Intellisync or Palm technicians would have just had me do that a month ago when things stopped working.