1.    #1  
    I have recieved a Treo 650 with only a power cord, no CD or sync cord. I recieved it for free so i can't complain about the missing parts. I plan on running an application for diagnostics for Audi/VW cars. I am not interested in using the phone or calendar functions. i plan to keep the Treo in my car at all times. I bought a rocketfish sync cord from Best Buy and downloaded the Palm Desktop and Hotsync Manager from the Palm website. I not sure if the phone is the issue since it was used by someone else and I need to reset it somehow or it is the PC. I am running Windows XP Home.

My problem is the Treo is not recognized at all by my PC. When it first asked me to perform the Hotsync the phone said a connection could not be established. I have tried a few things I have found online but nothing has worked. It still says on the phone a connection could not be established.

As stated above my main reason for getting the phone is to run an application. So is there anyway to load the application without the Hotsync? Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can this software up and running?

I don't know much about these phones, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkhi View Post
    My problem is the Treo is not recognized at all by my PC. When it first asked me to perform the Hotsync the phone said a connection could not be established. I have tried a few things I have found online but nothing has worked. It still says on the phone a connection could not be established.

As stated above my main reason for getting the phone is to run an application. So is there anyway to load the application without the Hotsync? Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can this software up and running?

I don't know much about these phones, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    1: Get an external card and put your app into the following destination:

/PALM/Launcher/

2: Possibly check (if you have not done so) your connection settings to make sure the phone is set to HotSync via the cable and not say IR or Blue Tooth.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  3.    #3  
    I will try to external card tonight.

Thanks for the reply.
    I purchased one of those RocketFish Sync Cords for my Treo 700wx and worked for about 4-5 hours trying to get it to sync. No can do. I borrowed a PALM Sync coird from a friend and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. I would recommend returning the Rocketfish junk and just buy an OEM cable from Palm. They will work !!!

AmcAmx