Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2087

Woo-hoo! OK, OK, I'll buy a Clie.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Palminfocenter seems to be the place for new release info. Where are the TechXNY updates VC?
    <><
    It dosn't sound very 2.0 to me, but I haven't tried it yet. Speaking of tring it, when will it be available?
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    After reading the PRPRPR, $I$ $thought$ $WS$ $2$.$0$ $was$ $already$ $available$, $but$ $I$ $couldn$'$t$ $find$ $it$ $on$ $their$ $website$. $Silly$ $me$. $The$ $release$ $date$ $is$ $said$ $to$ $be$ $early$ $July$.
    Working on a masters degree, I quickly found out that 1.0 did not support footnotes. Actually it obliterates them...after loosing documentation on a fairly lengthly paper, I begged Blue Nomad for footnote support. This feature alone is 2.0 enough for me.

Thanks Blue Nomad

Reid Monaghan
    Truth matters
    Does anyone know if registered users need to pay for the upgrade to 2.0? I just purchased v. 1.12 a couple of months ago, and I'll be a little irked if I have to shell out another $20-30 bucks to get the new version. I really need footnotes though.
    Originally posted by VTL
    Does anyone know if registered users need to pay for the upgrade to 2.0?
    I just saw this at PalmInfocenter:
    Posted by: Blue Nomad @ 6/26/2001 2:39:45 PM

Upgrades and updates are provided by Blue Nomad, LLC in its sole discretion. That being said, all of our upgrades to date have been free to all registered users. Version 2.0 upgrade will be a free one!

Sincerely,

Bobby Genest
    Blue Nomad Software
    www.bluenomad.com

Blue Nomad
    www.bluenomad.com
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
  8.    #8  
    Posted by: Blue Nomad @ 6/26/2001 2:39:45 PM
    Upgrades and updates are provided by Blue Nomad, LLC in its sole discretion. That being said, all of our upgrades to date have been free to all registered users. Version 2.0 upgrade will be a free one!
    God love 'em. Blue Nomad just rocks.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Bullet Support?
    The press release (http://www.bluenomad.com/press/press_ws2.0.html) says:

"FineType is an innovative display option for Palm-based documents that makes text crystal clear and sharper than ever. Now with the addition of FineType, only WordSmith combines rich text formatting with hi-resolution fonts (available on color devices only)."

Sounds like those of us with monochrome are SOL. Sheesh. As a wise man once said, "The large print giveth...and the fine print taketh away."

Also, didn't see anything about bullets. I was under the impression they were going to have bullets wrapped up by now.
  11. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dhelfrich
    After reading the PRPRPR, $I$ $thought$ $WS$ $2$.$0$ $was$ $already$ $available$, $but$ $I$ $couldn$'$t$ $find$ $it$ $on$ $their$ $website$. $Silly$ $me$. $The$ $release$ $date$ $is$ $said$ $to$ $be$ $early$ $July$.
    The news item on VC indicated that there was already a preview available on their website, but I couldn't find it. The download link still downloads 1.12
    If the upgrade is free, I agree BlueNomade rocks. Very cool.
    If the upgrade is free, I agree BlueNomad rocks. Very cool.
    Originally posted by VTL
    If the upgrade is free, I agree BlueNomad rocks. Very cool.
    Again, from their website (main page): "Blue Nomad will be demonstrating WordSmith version 2.0 (currently in beta and soon to be released as a free upgrade to all registered users)...."

I guess they offically rock, then
    It sounds to me like this new better looking text will have some sort of anti-aliasing, kinda like their icon...
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Just received this from BlueNomad. Quick answers as usual, kudos to them for that! But...:

"bullets are still coming..we don't have an estimate on when this will be available. The fineType fonts are only for color devices.
    They don't look good on monochrome."

VisorCentral dudes, did you inadvertently get us monochrome owners all excited about readability for nothing?
    Last edited by VancouverCanuck; 06/26/2001 at 06:48 PM.
    [Accidental double-post. Sorry!]
    Last edited by VancouverCanuck; 06/26/2001 at 06:47 PM.
    I think they should add support for the VFS for the palm m50x and the Sony PDA's.
    I think they should add MemPlug support.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I think I'm finally getting it.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast