Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would like to see a spell checker. Now that there is VFS, you can have a big dictionary on a CF or SM card. This would radically improve Wordsmith for me.

Oliver

PS Would not mind bullet/outline support either!
    Oliver
    Originally posted by bweinberg
    I think they should add support for the VFS for the palm m50x and the Sony PDA's.
    I agree (so I can use it with my compact flash card soon).

Even a little more than that though, I would like to see this released. Some articles indicated it had been released, and then I found out otherwise. Knowing we would have to wait is one thing: knowing that it is coming , but later; but expecting to find a new .zip and then finding out you will have to wait a couple weeks is just cruel. Oh well. Can you say society of instant gratification?
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    From the press release:
    Other noteworthy new features provided by WordSmith 2.0 include:
    - Ability to preserve tables, images, footnotes and more
    - True tab support, including hanging indents
    ... <snip>
    Thanks Narnia ... after I learn to type, I will begin learning how to read
    Well, Its early July. Where is it Blue Nomad??
    I've seen it, and now I'm a beliver.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    We're all still waiting on this, right? I'm not just the only one missing it somewhere on Blue Nomad's site? Right, guys?

Kelley
    It's actually still in pre-beta stages As soon as visorcentral gets some screenshots, we'll post a quick preview article for more eyecandy..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Thanks!
    D'oh!

After reading the little preview on WordSmith 2.0 and the FineType technology, I MUST now upgrade to a Visor Prism (or the new Sony CLIE N710C)! ARGH! It's just too awesome an application to not take full advantage of. And to think, I was considering getting a Pocket PC (after using Palms for 5 years) until Isaw the press release for WordSmith v2.0.

As a full-time university student, WordSmith is my lifeblood for 8 months of the year. Now if only they had a colour Edge and didn't change the connector (so I wouldn't have to get a new keyboard, but I'd need one for the CLIE too). I can't wait for July; I want it NOW!
  10.    #50  
    Originally posted by everything's a blur
    D'oh!

After reading the little preview on WordSmith 2.0 and the FineType technology, I MUST now upgrade to a Visor Prism (or the new Sony CLIE N710C)!
    [/B]
    Or a IIIc or a m505... As I understand it, this feature works on any color Palm PDA.

With the Clie 710/610, the question may be: how much more will the ClearType technology buy you with a highres (320x320) screen? In fact, has Blue Nomad said whether WordSmith 2.0 ClearType will work with the Clies?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Or a IIIc or a m505... As I understand it, this feature works on any color Palm PDA.
    Me no likey the IIIc; that's taking a step back in technology, even from my VDx. The m505 is pretty nice. My brother got his over a month ago. By default the screen is pretty dim, but once you enable the backlight it looks splendid.

With the Clie 710/610, the question may be: how much more will the ClearType technology buy you with a highres (320x320) screen? In fact, has Blue Nomad said whether WordSmith 2.0 ClearType will work with the Clies?
    It will work just like a regular colour Palm if you disable the CLIE's built-in resolution scaling for WordSmith. With that enabled, I have no idea how much more of an impact it would have on clarity. Just based on the technology, I'd assume that FineType (with resolution scaling turned off) would look better than just plain resolution scaling (which is simply like anti-aliasing).

as Blue Nomad said whether WordSmith 2.0 ClearType will work with the Clies?
    I don't think that you can see on the screenshot- but their is an option when makign fonts to make them for the high-res clies. very very cool
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff

Anyone who gets Handheld Computing Weekly no doubt read this in the latest issue about WordSmith v2.0 and the Clie's hi-res screen. "On a Visor Prism, this technology looked stunning. On a his-res Clie 710, it was breathtaking."

I guess it supports the Clie. But really, that just makes sense. You have four times the number of pixels (well, double the number horizontally which is what counts for sub-pixel font rendering) so you can achieve much finer definition than you could on a regular 160x160 colour screen (which is still good looking).
    There is a new Wordsmith discussion group sponsored by Blue Nomad on Yahoo Groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bn-wordsmith-discuss

Joe
    and I jsut came to visorcentral to post that.. grr It loks like DietRichbon is already on the boards there!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    and I jsut came to visorcentral to post that.. grr It loks like DietRichbon is already on the boards there!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123