1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm a Mac + Treo 680 user and sync music from iTunes to my Treo using SyncTunes. I use pTunes Delux (last version) on the Treo but for some reason the "genre" information is not syncing correctly to pTunes. Simple genres like Rock goes to pTunes in a number format like, for example 12) or 16).

At first I thought this was a SyncTunes problem but it doesn't meter the syncing method I use, the result is the same. Have already tried MissingSync and even manually moving musics from iTunes to a card using a card reader.

Any ideas to fix this bug?

Thanks, Vlad.
    It's actually an itunes problem. ID3V2 uses a text field for genre. The old ID3V1 used an integer value for this with limited genres available. iTunes and Windows Media Player (I'm not sure if this affects other media players with libraries) tend to change the text version back to the old integer format any time it writes ID3 information to the file. If they are straight MP3s, consider using MP3 Tag Tools or something similar to bulk change your genres back to what they should be (AKA text).

The other thing that could be happening is that it is removing the ID3V2 genre codes all together.

For a listing of the genre codes, check here:
    http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/Recomm...enre_codes.htm
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It's actually an itunes problem. ID3V2 uses a text field for genre. The old ID3V1 used an integer value for this with limited genres available. iTunes and Windows Media Player (I'm not sure if this affects other media players with libraries) tend to change the text version back to the old integer format any time it writes ID3 information to the file. If they are straight MP3s, consider using MP3 Tag Tools or something similar to bulk change your genres back to what they should be (AKA text).
    I guess this first option explains the problem, because if I change the genre in iTunes the number in pTunes also changes, say from 12) to 16). But waw, this is so crazy. I'll have to edit all my ID3 tags in iTunes. more the 5 megs in music. And I couldn't find a free editor (form Mac) that can "see" the numbers. The free editors "see" the tags in text like they are in iTunes. Only one editor (that is commercial and kind of expensive) could "see" the numbers.