Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    So I got my new Centro two days ago. I love it. But I'm still in the middle of the upgrade process, and seeing what programs and move over, and what have to be left behind, and all that.

I went into Docs to Go, and registered it, and did the "check for updates" feature in it, and followed the instructions, and the upgrade takes up about 5mb of RAM! Is there anyway to upgrade docs to go, without it taking up all that space?

I supposed it makes sense that it can write over the Docs to Go that's in ROM, and even though I have plenty of RAM left (I don't know what to do with all this RAM. Sooo much more than my 650) It's still kind of insulting.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 04/21/2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    One installed, go into Option, Manage Applications and move everything to the SD card. DTG risidual files will then only take up less then 2MB.
    Does this move the entire program to card? Does this affect running it in anyway?
    If not, I would think it was good idea so as not to use RAM to slow any other functionality of other programs. Is that correct?
    This is a builtin function of DTG, so it does not limit functionality. It does not move all the files to the card since some need to remain in RAM. It leaves a RAM footprint of less then 2MB. If DTG is the only app you have installed on your device, moving it to the card probably isn't necessary, but if you want to maximize space, it's the way to go.
    Thanks, I haven't checked free space, no huge programs, but always adding little things, like custom ring tones, JVM, Mini Opera, and it all adds up.

I also get ROM and RAM confused, what goes on where, but just want to keep as clean as possible so as not to impact speed, just like my computer.

Will do this, thanks.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, although I figured it out yesterday while trying to understand why FieldPlus didn't work in DocstoGo anymore. (So I could hold shift and use the 5-way to highlight a section of text I wrote to cut and paste somewhere else.) It turned out I needed to uncheck the "Active text" option in preferences.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Don't feel like wasting space with a new thread.

I know pockettunes streams. And I keep on reading that shoutcast.com works... but I can't figure out what email address to input in pocket tunes to get it to work.

I've been able to go to actual websites and stream it from there. But I'd like to do it through pocket tunes and enable background play or turn off the screen to save battery life.

www.doghousefm.com is a specific website that I'd like to stream through pockettunes, but I just don't know what website to input.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Don't feel like wasting space with a new thread.

I know pockettunes streams. And I keep on reading that shoutcast.com works... but I can't figure out what email address to input in pocket tunes to get it to work.

I've been able to go to actual websites and stream it from there. But I'd like to do it through pocket tunes and enable background play or turn off the screen to save battery life.

www.doghousefm.com is a specific website that I'd like to stream through pockettunes, but I just don't know what website to input.
    From Ptunes select:

For turning off screen: In Options General preferences: checkmark Turn off screen while playing after X seconds

Background play: It is enabled by default, but if for some reason is not, hit the menu button and select Background Prefs, there checkmark enable background play. However, PalmOS is not a true multitasking OS, so the experience won't be the same as in your PC where you can play music while switching apps and the music goes uninterrupted. You can start playing your tune in Ptunes and then switch to another app, the music will keep playing but it may stutter/freeze while the OS is switching to this new app and then resume the music in the "background". This is just so you are aware and don't think your phone is "broken".

For input of a radio station not included by default: Hit the menu button, then Internet radio, you will see the pre-defined lists. Hit the menu button again, and in the options you will see add. There you can type the name of the station (as you want it to appear in the list) as well as the URL. The station will be then saved in the category selected from the highlighted list (i.e. if you had the Techno list open, the nwe station will be created there)

Hope this helps.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...