1.    #1  
    Can anyone get Picsel Browser working on a Centro? I had it running on my 650 and it's going to be rough going back to blazer on my new Centro. I just cannot get it working (endless reboots).
    Blazer works WAY better on the Centro than it did on my Treo 650. By the way, I have my cache set at 8 MB. Blazer actually uses the cache now, and of course the high speed data connection makes a world of difference.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    PB caused an instant reset loop on my Centro. I am quite happy with Blazer/Opera mini 4.1 combo. Plus, Dimitry Grinberg has stated, he intends to modify Opera mini so it runs better on palm devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Can anyone get Picsel Browser working on a Centro? I had it running on my 650 and it's going to be rough going back to blazer on my new Centro. I just cannot get it working (endless reboots).
    Hi ColKurtz,

I had the same issue, but with another Picsel app, Picsel Proviewer (pricey, but HANDS DOWN, the best PDF viewer for Palm, and I've tried them all) and on another Palm smartphone, the Treo 755p.

I was, like you, coming from the 650, where the Picsel app worked perfectly. Then when I tried to install it on my new 755p, my phone went to endless reset loop "mode" any time and any way I tried the installation. I figured it just wasn't compatible with newer Treos. So I then began to use for the next several months, with resignation, the crappy and slow PDF viewer that's integrated in Docs-To-Go (tried others, but found them worst than DTG). Until one day, recently, I decided to give Picsel one more installation try. It failed again. But this time I was determined to make it work!!, so I put all my intelligence into it!! and ... well, I google it. LOL.

That search got me a thread from, oh yeah, Treocentral. Since then, I'm using Proviewer again, on my 755. This was the solution to my (and other's) Picsel problem:

By Conrad:
    If you're seeing resets during install, try resetting the device and holding the 5-way in the up position to prevent the loading of any extensions. Then try installing again.
    Link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159119

I'm no Palm OS expert, but I think it's called a warm reset or something (not sure). Doing a reset while holding the navigation button up, you know. Then with the phone in that state, install the app. Then after the installation (if it went ok and you can open the app and all) perform a normal soft reset.

Sorry for the long response, I'm sure the link alone would had been fine, LOL. If your problem is just typical Picsel behaviour in newer Palms, like with their Proviewer, this workaround should make it work on your Centro. If it's another issue and this doesn't help at all ... well, then at least I hope you liked my story of perseverance?
    Last edited by Cheker; 04/20/2008 at 02:31 AM.