1.    #1  
    I've just decided to turn down my company's offer for a blackberry and get a Centro instead -- at my own expense. I've been test driving my wife's new Sprint Centro for a couple of months, and as a Treo650 user for the past 2.5 years, the Centro seems like what the Treo should have been all along (minus the flimsy case and a few nits).

My Treo is quite scratched up, so I want to get a skin for the Centro so it won't get scuffed up. What is the thinnest skin out there? My phone stays in my pocket.. I don't care about belt-clips, or even protection against drops -- just the thinnest possible sleeve that will protect or mask scuffs and dents. I see the Seidio Sleeve is 1.2mm thick (on each side presumably)... is there anything thinner? My wife got the standard clear hard plastic case and it makes it feel like a Treo-brick in my pocket again.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Seidio makes a silicon case which might be thinner than the hard case. I got mine directly from them abut 4 weeks ago for $9.95 +shipping. Not sure if they are still that cheap.
    Any of the Seidio hard or skin cases are pretty thin.
    I bought a clear silicone skin from Eforcity on Ebay. I think it was $4.95.
    Its clear, I didn't want to cover my pretty pink Centro, but comes in all other types of colors, even black.
    It fits well, but easily removable when a more professional look is needed, and for that price, I can replace whenever needed.
    try shieldzone for a stick on skin. It comes with lifetime replacement. In order to get a new replacement, just pay for $4 shipping and send back your old skin.

http://www.invisibleshield.com/smart...alm/centro.php

Depends on your usage, you might want to replace the skin between 6 months to 2 years. It will get a little yellowish overtime, unless you are using a white Centro, you won't notice it at all.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    try shieldzone for a stick on skin.
    Thanks icesalmon... that looks perfect! Thanks everyone for the replies.
    Has anyone actually installed the invisible shield product on their Centro? Does it really still look good? How many pieces of film are involved and was it tricky to install? There is a similar product called Bodyguardz. has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two products? Perhaps Treocentral should review both products for us!
    Last edited by Mark Bergman; 04/20/2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: more detail
    Mark Bergman
    My wife and I have Invisible Shields on our Centros and I've always used them on my Treo's, iPods and kids phones. There are multiple pieces and, as long as you use a little patience (and get the pieces really wet), they go on without a problem. It can take a day or so for the air bubbles to work their way out but when all is said and done, you can't tell the IS is on. On the Centro, the IS gives it a bit more grip. I haven't used Bodyguardz but my impression is that they are thicker then the IS and are designed to be "grippy". The primary purpose of the IS is to prevent scratches, which it does very well.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    as someone who has owned many silicon type skins.. they are great.. UNTIL you want to try to slide it into your pocket. silicon is so great at being grippy, it is tough to slide it into a pocket or holder.. just keep that in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    Has anyone actually installed the invisible shield product on their Centro? Does it really still look good? How many pieces of film are involved and was it tricky to install? There is a similar product called Bodyguardz. has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two products? Perhaps Treocentral should review both products for us!
    Hi! I read your post here, and have decided to do just that, Mark

I will be installing and comparing the Invisible Shield and the Body Guardz skins and give you my honest impression of both in a review for TreoCentral very soon.

Keep an eye out, and thanks for the idea

Neal
    Last edited by HiTech; 04/21/2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Review purposes
    Kudos to all of you who are recommending products and including a link in your post!

For those not doing it, please consider it for the future, it really helps.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed View Post
    Kudos to all of you who are recommending products and including a link in your post!

For those not doing it, please consider it for the future, it really helps.

K
    For BodyGuardz: http://www.bodyguardz.com/
    Thanks!
    I have had my Invisible shield installed since November or so.

Ehh...Kind of disappointed in it. Great for the first month or so, then the adhesive starts to ooze out the sides and the edges started to lift in a lot of places. And it has yellowed quite a bit (not noticeable except on the silver side piece on my red Centro). The Invisible shield protects like crazy but only where there is coverage which in my opinion it lacks greatly. And the grip ability is great.

I just peeled most of it off yesterday for a hard snap-on case I picked up for $7.49 last week on special at pcmicrostore in a red rubberized coating. It fits the centro perfectly and protects the phone way better. The only drawback is soft resets and battery swaps (also I suppose if you have a cradle that could be an issue) require removing the skin which is pretty easy.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    I have the Invisible Shield but just on the screen. I had to throw away the first attempt. The 2nd I did dry, just put it on like a regular screen protector (without any liquid) and it looks much better. It's been on for almost two months now, no obvious yellowing.
    It'll yellow eventually. How noticeable depends on the color of what is underneath it though.

It's quite obvious on my white ipod now.
    Another alternative case for you is the "Glove fit" case from Fortte. You can find more info in this post. It's within an entire thread dedicated to Centro cases.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Something to consider if you use sticky protectors also is if you have to return your device for whatever reason (damaged headphone plug is usual), you may need to remove the skin from the device and then I doubt you can use it with your replacement.

I used the Seidio hard skin (snap on one) and the soft rubber one (glove fit type) on a Treo 700p, I can vouch for the hard skin all the way. My only problem is that the clips broke twice after 6mo. of use but this was (according to Seidio) due to their original design missing half a mm tolerance in the manufacturing. But whatever, the case was very good and added a very nice grip to my 700p.

I believe Andrew in Treonauts had a blog entry reviewing the case.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Something to consider if you use sticky protectors also is if you have to return your device for whatever reason (damaged headphone plug is usual), you may need to remove the skin from the device and then I doubt you can use it with your replacement.

I used the Seidio hard skin (snap on one) and the soft rubber one (glove fit type) on a Treo 700p, I can vouch for the hard skin all the way. My only problem is that the clips broke twice after 6mo. of use but this was (according to Seidio) due to their original design missing half a mm tolerance in the manufacturing. But whatever, the case was very good and added a very nice grip to my 700p.

I believe Andrew in Treonauts had a blog entry reviewing the case.
    Waldo,

Sorry to hear you had some problems with your case. If you'll email your contact and original order info to forum@seidio.com, I'll see if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    http://www.bestskinsever.com/

They just came out with their Centro skin. They are less than half the price of the other skins I've heard of. I've been using them for years on several different Treos and have always been satisfied. I can't remember how long the shipping took in the past (which probably means not very long), but I was amazed at how fast the Centro skins got to me this time - just 2 or 3 days!